IT Projects Specialist
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
Reporting to the VP of Global Commerce Development, the Specialist - IT Projects will work directly with Technology leadership and closely with finance and accounting to ensure alignment of project-related costs to the overall IT budget/forecast and compliance with Technology and finance policies / procedures and manage small to medium-sized initiatives from inception to execution and closeout.
The ideal candidate has project management skills with strong financial and analytical acumen, attention to detail, can juggle multiple tasks, and is a problem solver able to lead tasks and projects to completion. The candidate will work with people across the business and Technology at varying levels, so communication skills, professionalism, and presence are important.
- Department, cross-functional and project-level budget tracking and reporting
- Project Management from inception, execution and closeout
- Work closely and maintain positive relationships with Technology leadership and Finance & Accounting to maintain program P&Ls including project-level financial health tracking and reporting.
- Current Fiscal Year P&L Management
- Process and reconcile invoices for capital and expense recognition, accruals, and forecasting. Run ad hoc project queries and analysis.
- Run the process to review, audit and update resource time tracking as it relates to financial project management
- Process financial artifacts in support of fiscal reporting (monthly, quarterly and annually)
- Team member labor hour entry into financial tracking tools for reporting and forecasting needs
- Assistance with customer billing reports for T&M and transactional invoices
- Budget Planning
- Support the annual Technology budget and planning processes including the creation and maintenance of business cases, labor and non-labor budget plans, financial artifacts for fiscal reporting
- Reporting and Analysis
- Take the lead on responding to requests for ad-hoc reporting in support of project and program financial reports
- Financial data, labor hours, expense discrepancy investigations and resolutions
- Coordination of timesheet submissions that are late, incorrectly logged and in need to transfers and corrections
- Manage small-sized (non-application development) projects from inception, execution and closeout
- Identify scope, build a detailed plan, manage progress and provide timely communication of project status
- Projects may include: profitability studies based on actual metrics, revenue projections, what-if scenarios based on timing, market adoption, price differences, etc.
- 3+ years of professional experience, or equivalent
- B.S. or B.A. in business, engineering, information systems, or accounting
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Tenacity, willingness to work in an iterative environment
- Flexibility and openness towards new ideas and change
- Some experience or knowledge of Technology preferred
- Comfort with multi-tasking and prioritizing within a fast-paced, demanding environment
Communication and teaming skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team-work skills and ability to work in a challenging environment with frequent deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritizes activities, and meets strict deadlines. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
- Experience as a contributor and collaborator with both senior management and more junior professionals
- Experience with MS office suite required; highly proficient in using Excel with pivot tables, lookup functions, filters, and named ranges.
- Ability to learn new technologies, software and systems quickly
- Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and to interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business
- Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization is essential.
- Must be able to work in an open floorplan work environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.