Director of Corporate Warehouse CoE
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
The Director of Corporate Warehouse Center of Excellence will be a strategic player on our global supply chain team. This position is responsible for creating, planning, and providing strategic direction of the Warehouse Center of Excellence function (CoE).
This position is responsible for ensuring a consistent and benchmarked warehousing function with all US and Canada based Supply Chain Centers. This position is also responsible for the supervision of the day-to-day activities of the Warehouse CoE function.
General responsiblities include
- Creates and leads a focused effort to improve labor, loading efficiency trailer sanitation, receiving, storage, pick and load process, layout, and scheduling for all Centers within the Canadian and Domestic Supply Chain.
- Leads the strategy for implementation of national initiatives to create efficiencies and standard best practices within the Warehouse.
- Works with leaders in other CoE Support functions to align on objectives and strategic initiatives.
- Aligns with Regional Vice Presidents on needs/objectives and root cause analysis.
- Plays an active role on the Supply Chain Business Continuity planning team. Actively works to anticipate upcoming weather/global events that may impact service.
- Leads implementation of proactive measures to account for global events impacting the Warehousing function.
Warehouse Data Management/ KPI measurement:
- Utilize data from dashboards to report on effectivities of initiatives to senior leaders.
- Utilize data to project gaps and progress on current strategic initiatives.
- Plays an active role in systems enhancements and implementations.
- Create savings through strategic leadership of initiatives to improve Warehouse safety and functionality.
- Understand the P&L and impacts of various projects.
- Partner and act as consultant on various SCC initiatives impacting the Warehouse.
- Ensure proper management of warehouse reporting and improve metrics for cost effectively planning warehouse space.
- Conduct regular field visits to evaluate operations and recommends changes.
- Directs operation and maintenance of communication systems, reviews procedures, provides guidance to resolve technical problems, analyzes costs and recommends cost control measures.
- Regular interaction with SCC Directors and CoE leads to improve operational and performance metrics.
- Strategic leadership of the Warehouse CoE team.
- Oversee hiring, training, developing, and leading the Corporate Warehouse CoE function.
- Lead the Warehouse CoE Team to formulate policies, programs, and procedures for entire SCC network to include contracting, material handling equipment, warehouse storage, and racking.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Supply Chain Management, Continuous Improvement, Distribution and/or Warehousing
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in strategic warehousing leadership with demonstrated success in building a CoE function.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Creative problem solver
- Proficient in Warehouse Management Systems, experience with SAP a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Experience with Systems implementation or migration
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to travel 30 -50% throughout the US and Canada
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.