Manager – Corporate Security
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
Develop and Manage Corporate Security Program
• Design and implement processes related to corporate security, including but not limited to, internal investigations, executive protection, workplace violence, physical security and risk management systems, contract guard force management, crisis management and travel security.
- Maintain close oversight of all travel and/or executive protection requirements providing pre-planning security plan information to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinate an ongoing review of existing WRC and SCC security program and initiate the development of new programs, as needed.
- Develop, implement, manage, or evaluate policies and methods to protect personnel against harassment, threats, or violence.
• As assigned by the VP, and in close partnership with the Regional Safety and Loss Prevention Manager, develop the processes, identify the correct technology, and design KPIs and success metrics for programs which will effectively and appropriately provide protection of corporate assets, including team members, capital assets, and proprietary assets.
• Provide consulting support and make recommendations to SCC site management regarding appropriate, timely and necessary improvements or enhancements to security equipment, processes or security risk mitigation plans.
• Plan, direct, or coordinate security activities to safeguard company assets, employees, guests, or others at WRC:
- Assess risks to mitigate potential consequences of incidents and develop a plan to respond to incidents.
- Analyze risks to minimize losses or damages.
- Coordinate the appropriate response for security incidents, and respond and manage them as needed.
- Communicate security status, updates, and actual or potential problems
- Direct or participate in emergency management and contingency planning.
- Develop emergency response plans or procedures.
- Conduct, or have conducted, physical examinations of property to ensure compliance with security policies and regulations.
- Coordinate WRC security operations or activities with public law enforcement, fire and other agencies.
- Communicate with government agencies as needed for WRC or event security
• Write or review security-related documents, such as incident reports, request for proposals, and procedure guides and manuals.
- Monitor security policies, programs or procedures to ensure compliance with internal security policies, licensing requirements, or applicable government security requirements, policies, and directives.
- Collect and analyze security data to determine security needs, security program goals, or program accomplishments.
• Manage vendor invoices and capex request to ensure efficiency and quality of security systems.
- With VP approval and advise, set physical security equipment standards.
- Manage procurement, maintenance and installation for all field operations security-related supplies, equipment, or technology.
• Plan and manage security for events.
• Attend meetings, professional seminars, or conferences to keep abreast of changes in executive legislative directives or new technologies impacting security operations.
• Maintain knowledge of current developments in area of expertise.
Data Driven Decision Making
• Evaluate incident data from stores, WRC and SCC to identify negative trends in our safety position. Present compiled data to VP in order to determine possible improvements in Safety and Loss Prevention program focus.
• Monitor crime trends and specific events in areas of interest and provide reports as needed to ensure safety of team members in US and abroad.
• Analyze data as needed to inform operational decisions or activities related to Corporate Security remit.
• Supervise or provide leadership to subordinate security professionals, performing activities, such as hiring, background investigation, training, assigning work, evaluating performance, or disciplining.
• Evaluate employee performance.
• Set priorities and objectives for Corporate and Physical Security team.
• Lead and manage functional responsibilities for the team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Industry qualifications and/ or certifications (CPP, CPTED, NIOSH Workplace Violence, etc)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in designing, developing, implementing formal security processes
- Minimum 10 years in managing a corporate security program including workplace threats, emergency response, and event security.
- Professional knowledge in navigating and analyzing security risk trends
- Excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical skills – including interpreting data
- Excellent leadership skills, strong calming presence
- Must be willing to be on call, and have the ability to travel by air or car 30% of the time
- Must possess strong coordination, organization and liaison skills to help consult in the design and implementation of security program strategies, and, the ability to seek and gain consensus on creative solutions to complex security issues.
- Strong problem solving skills. Individual must be capable of accurately assessing needs, maintaining a calm business demeanor and taking quick action to resolve issues.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills are critical; as is the ability to promote the open flow of information by actively soliciting and listening to the ideas of others.
- Proven ability and commitment to being discreet, tactful, timely and operating judiciously when addressing internal and external customer needs. Diplomatic interpersonal skills which allow successful candidate to effectively relate to all levels of team members and vendors.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The Corporate Security Manager will have primary responsibility for the development, implementation and hands-on management of those processes and programs which support, enforce, and monitor compliance of policies related to 1) the Dominos WRC safety and security, 2) Event security, 3) Travel Security and Executive Protection, and 4) Physical Security Standards. Additionally, the incumbent will serve as the subject matter expert related to Security Risk Assessments, Workplace Violence Response and Mitigation strategies, and general Security Response practices.