Manager, Customer Service
Summary: This role is an integral part of the SCC management team and includes managing the administrative team and collaborating with both SCC and WRC departments to provide consistency in operations and financial performance throughout the supply chain center while meeting the needs of our customers.
Salary: $82,000 to $88,000
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(65%) Manage and coordinate the daily activities of the SCC Administrative team members who provide operational support to franchisees, and store managers and interact with WRC accounting, product management, and finance teams.
Financial – manage accounting activities to ensure SCC is in accordance with established financial controls and departmental targets:
- Accounts Receivable – ensure AR aging is reviewed and collection efforts are ongoing.
- Accounts Payable – ensure SCC adheres to separation of duties, three-way matching, schedule of authorization, and appropriate use of purchase orders.
- Review of inventory controls in Solochain
- Review of weekly keys and period results
- Provide reporting and communicate with the WRC Accounting and Finance teams
- Create and manage the departmental budget to meet annual targets
- Manage weekly payroll functions
- with company standards and retention policies
- Partner with PF/HR department in implementing human resources initiatives, including; safety, wellness programs, benefit rollouts, compliance, etc.
Team member development
- Plan and prepare work schedules according to budget and workload
- Plan, develop, and execute strategies for departmental improvement
- Pay-for-performance process with direct reports, including regular performance feedback sessions, semi-annual goal appraisal, annual formal performance appraisal, and pay recommendations
- Attend and participate in Leadership & Development training sessions
- Train end users in system functionality and functional processes
- Lead &/or perform special projects as required
- Manage turnover and monitor actions and provide input regarding team member relations, hiring decisions, promotions and pay increases, disciplinary actions and terminations
(30%) Customer Service
- The team provides support for stores and franchisees to contribute to a timely dispatch and order accuracy/fill rate.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a friendly environment
- Timely follow-up and processing of credit requests
- Manage paperwork flow to drivers, including necessary COD collections and special instructions.
- Frequently evaluate tools in place to ensure there is a high level of communication between customer service, production, and warehouse team members.
- Provide support to operational departments, facilitating quality deliveries and product pickups for customers
- Maintain and follow up on store survey comments and current net promoter score (NPS)
- Maintain vendor item updates for customers (EFO) via the remote menu management system (RMM)
- Problem solves on issues that impact the service, efficiency, and productivity of the center
- Communicate with other Managers and directors to resolve workplace complaints and answer questions from customers regarding services and procedures
- Facilitate meetings with leadership and customers
- Coordinate all national product rollouts, including updates and deliveries for store training
- Attend and present material at local Advisory Board meetings.
- Respond to Slice of the Pie complaints
- Create, maintain, and distribute new customer orientation materials
- Communicate operational and product updates to customers
- Conduct product training classes for customers
- Develop and execute training/rollout schedule for new products
- Attend store manager and DMA meetings
- Coordinate customer tours of facility
- Coordinate product incident reports, Q/A holds and recalls as directed by the Q/A department
- Collaborate with the national school lunch team(Smart Slice) to ensure accurate deliveries in accordance with program guidelines
(5%) Manage office administrative functions as needed
- Maintain/Coordinate phone system and facility computer needs
- Facilitate staff meetings – set agenda, publish minutes
- Manage team member relation/appreciation program
- Work closely with the IT/IS departments to install and/or troubleshoots office and equipment concerns and issues
- Continuous learning of software systems including but not limited to PeopleSoft, ATS, Solochain, Domicas, Pulse BOS, RMM, PeopleNet
- Work closely with the IT/IS departments to install and/or troubleshoot computer and equipment issues
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or a 2-year college degree plus equivalent work experience may be accepted. Preferably in the food, manufacturing, or retail industry
- 3-5 years of customer service experience, preferably in the food service, supply chain, or retail industries
- 3-5 year’s supervisory experience with a proven ability to lead team members in meeting goals and objectives
- Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner and listen attentively to customers and others
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization, and follow-through skills
- Availability to travel as needed
- Willingness to support a 24-hour operation (nights/weekends/holidays), including carrying an emergency cell phone as needed
- Must successfully pass a background check every third year on your anniversary date
- While performing the duties of this position, the team member is regularly required to sit, use hands to type, frequently required to reach with hands and arms, occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, lift, and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and rarely 50 pounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.