Director - Supply Chain Center
Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, and at over 18,000 stores worldwide (6,300 in the U.S.) you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work.
You might be thinking, “Wow, how does Domino’s get food to 18,000 stores?” Well, that’s where you come in. We have 23 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, Hawaii, and Alaska. They provide fresh dough, equipment, and supplies to the franchise and company-owned Domino’s stores in the U.S. and Canada. In 2019 alone, these centers made 720,000 deliveries.
The Director is responsible for developing, documenting, and executing a global comprehensive logistics and distribution strategic plan which encompasses all functions of the Supply Chain Center, and drive optimal profitability. May mentor or develop a DIT. Communicate Domino’s Pizza vision and guiding principles. Foster and build strong, lasting relationships with stores and franchisees, and work to resolve customer complaints. Ensure that team members work in a safe manner. High comfort level working in a diverse environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Develop comprehensive, measurable goals for each team member that drive results, and provide frequent feedback via the PFP process. Ensure the process is consistently applied across all team members
- Create a culture where exceptional people desire to work to their highest level and are appreciated for their performance
- Assure that leadership is accountable, focused, and clear to the team members, as team members are to their performance
- Develop and executes to EBITDA annual budget, including but not limited to the expense and capital budgeting, planning, inventory (asset & product - SKUs), cost controls, revenue and productivity objectives, and operational execution
- Develop and review strategy for improving key performance indicators including, but not limited to on-time performance, delivery accuracy, damages, incident rates, overtime, lbs per labor hour, fill rate, power ratings, and accuracy
- Establish and maintains a safe and healthy work environment and provides a high level of safety awareness among the team through continual interaction, communication, education, and enforcement of safe work practices
- Ensure traceability procedures are enforced and adhered to
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, DOT, EPA, FDA, Dept. of Agriculture, operation audits, company standards, local, state, and federal requirements
- Keep the Regional Vice President updated and informed
- Develop relationships with Franchise and Corporate teams throughout the service area, positively impacting store operations
- Utilize customer advisory boards when developing business plans
- Consult with PeopleFirst regarding hiring, retention, compensation, career development, and team member relations issues
- Attend and participate in annual Director, Franchise, and Corporate meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field required – APICS designation would be a plus
- 5-7 years of proven leadership experience in distribution with extensive P&L and transportation/logistic experience, strong customer service background, and knowledgeable in all areas of operations
- Demonstrated experience with budget oversight of at least 2 million or more
- Proven ability to achieve targeted results and operational goals
- Result oriented with strong organizational and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to persuade and negotiate
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Willingness to learn other areas of the business i.e., Team USA, international and franchisee
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.