Inventory Replenishment Specialist
- Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
The Inventory Replenishment Specialist is responsible for scheduling incoming inventory shipments to the Supply Chain Centers for all assigned commodities. He or she will develop economic order quantities which maximize company profits by balancing product and freight costs and the Supply Chain Center storage constraints. The Specialist will maintain adequate inventory levels, create backhaul opportunities, and ensure accuracy of the product supply. Qualified candidates will have experience in inventory planning, freight scheduling and/or purchasing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(35%) Inventory Planning
- Schedule incoming inventory shipments for all assigned commodities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage supply for assigned commodities as well as special projects
- Fill in for other Buyers when required as needed
- Develop economic order quantities which maximize company profits by balancing product and freight costs with inventory carrying costs and distribution center storage constraints
- Meet Supply Chain Services’ commitment to Customer Service by ensuring SCCs maintain adequate inventory levels to achieve 99.971% Fill Rate to stores.
- Work with SCC Delivery & Service Team Leaders and vendors to create backhaul opportunities and thereby maximize control over inbound shipments, reduce SCC operating expenses and increase SCC profitability
- Minimize exposure to expedited freight costs
- Properly plan and execute sound safety stock strategies to ensure SCC supply
- Provide information and communicate to SCCs about all ongoing inventory-related events and situations
- Enter and Maintain forecast in all department computer systems
- Maintain organized order confirmation processes to ensure accuracy of supply
(15%) Logistics and Freight Management
- Work with inbound transportation specialist to source vendors for the purpose of achieving lowest possible freight costs through bidding process
- Achieve optimum carrier selection for SCCs to ensure the best value for incoming and outgoing freight
- Research opportunities to combine shipments for multiple SCCs for the purpose of reducing inbound freight costs by eliminating LTL shipments
- Ensure shipments are loaded into the transportation system and tendered on time to 3 rd party carriers; Monitor daily for exceptions and react accordingly
(10%) Cross Functional Supply Chain Involvement
- Work with Product Management to achieve optimum vendor selection for SCCs to ensure the best value for stores
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure all product quality concerns are managed when discovered at the SCCs
- Work with Product Managers on issues related to product quality or packaging
- Track and supply information related to vendor performance for the purpose of ensuring Customer Service commitments to stores
- Work with Supply Chain Finance to resolve any store price issues.
- Resolve cost discrepancies with Supplier customer service contacts.
(10%) Test Market and Promotional Supply Management
- Implement forecast models to support the inventory and purchasing departments for new test ideas created by Build the Brand
- Compare sales to forecast for all assigned Test Markets
- Recommend supply challenge solutions as needed
(20%) Special Projects
- Participate in long-term Supply Chain departmental projects and initiatives
- Participate in inventory team project leadership and management as assigned
(10%) Product/Commodity Captain
- Work with other Commodities Specialists and Quality Assurance to lead the department through supply and item changes and selections
- Participate in the Supplier selection process with Product Managers
- Work closely with our Suppliers to eliminate logistical concerns
- Work closely with our Suppliers to select the best shipping locations with regard to cost and service
- Resolve all supply challenges and communicate all item and supplier changes to the Purchasing team
- Work with Purchasing Team to identify and implement case pack and logistics optimizations
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related work experience
- Knowledge of databases, SQL, query writing, PeopleSoft a plus
- 3-5 plus years of inventory planning, freight scheduling and/or purchasing experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to handle urgent matters outside of normal business hours
- Able to travel (<10%)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.