Transportation Procurement Lead
Domino’s, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, re-energized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and over 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
This Transportation Procurement Program Leader is responsible for supporting inbound transportation and managing our relationships with 3rd party freight carriers. The Program Leader will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to identify qualified partners to transport Domino’s inbound freight. They will perform detailed analyses, lead negotiations, and coordinate cross-functional efforts to support the inbound transportation strategy. This Program Leader will play an integral part in delivering year over year cost savings and avoidance within the Domino’s supply chain.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
40% CARRIER MANAGEMENT
- Manage carrier and stakeholder relationships for inbound transportation.
- Serve as Domino’s lead in understanding and effectively communicating market conditions, industry updates and regulations with internal stakeholders
- Communicate Domino’s needs and requirements with external partners
- Assist in identifying opportunities for increasing the amount of freight lanes managed by Domino’s
- Ensure carrier contract compliance
- Problem solve in support of issues and questions from Supply Chain Centers, carriers, and internal stakeholders
- Perform annual RFP to set contract rates with carriers
- Perform carrier rate negotiations
- Evaluate carrier performance and perform business reviews with carriers and internal stakeholders
40% PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT
- Play central role in identifying new opportunities for cost reductions or efficiency gains
- Facilitate the freight claims process
- Ensure carrier rates in the Transportation Management System are accurate
- Engage in industry, competitive and carrier research and stay abreast of current events
- Assist with the identification and development of new carriers into the system
- Serve as core member of cross functional teams that are tasked with accomplishing long-term divisional objectives
- Manage Domino’s dough tray orders to Supply Chain Centers
- Work to establish and track carrier KPI’s
- Continuously monitor existing carriers by soliciting feedback from Supply Chain Centers and CIM team
- Seek to improve current processes by creating tools to automate information gathering and communication of results
- Clearly communicate analysis results and findings to stakeholders
- Must be able to quickly and accurately perform analyses
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or Logistics preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in purchasing or supply chain with emphasis in logistics
- Effective communication skills; both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and SQL
- Strong analytical skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.