Warehouse Team Member- New Jersey SCC
Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores, and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, and at over 17,000 stores worldwide (6,300 in the U.S.) you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work.
You might be thinking, “Wow, how does Domino’s get food to 17,000 stores?” Well, that’s where you come in. We have 22 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, Hawaii and Alaska. They provide fresh dough, equipment and supplies to franchise and company-owned Domino’s stores in the U.S. and Canada. In 2019 alone, these centers made 720,000 deliveries.
Want to get in on the fun? We’d love to have you.
- Must be 18 years old
- One – two years previous experience in warehouse, manufacturing or production environment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills for order processing and inventory control
- Company certification to operate warehouse equipment such as forklift and rider pallet jack
- Must be available to work during a shift which may be scheduled anytime during a 24-hour day, over any 7-day period, including Sundays
- Wear and uphold Domino’s uniform standards, including wearing approved safety work boots
- Ability to stand, climb and walk on a continual basis throughout a 10 - 12-hour shift
- Ability to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach
- Ability to lift from floor to above the head, 50 lbs. frequently, and 75 lbs. occasionally, throughout work shift
- Ability to work in warehouse environment with constant exposure to loud machinery
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures, both indoors and outdoors
The Warehouse Team Member performs the loading and unloading of delivery trucks ensuring inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Team members must adhere to a strict safety and accuracy standard while maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Using safe work procedures, obtains product from warehouse assembly area to load truck
- Using safe work procedures, moves product from staging area to truck using warehouse equipment Will have to operate a sit-down forklift, stand up forklift, and rider pallet jack or two-wheeled cart
- Uses "First In, First Out" (FIFO) procedure to ensure proper rotation of existing stock
- Removes trays and returned product from truck
- Updates inventory to reflect received product, isolate and store usable product in predefined area
- Thoroughly cleans cargo area of truck to ensure sanitary storage area for product during transport
- Pre-cools cargo area of truck to company specifications prior to loading product
- Complete load verification with handheld scanner and verifies accuracy of assembled loads
- Updates inventory with the use of handheld scanner of products to be shipped
- Uses handheld scanner to scan each product in preparation of loading onto delivery truck
- Assists drivers where needed with pre-departure
- Loads truck according to company specifications for maximum delivery accuracy
- Ensure the correct number and type of product is loaded
- Secures load within cargo area of truck with the use of load bars or straps
- Inspect all equipment before use