CDL Class A Food Service Driver
Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores, and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, and at over 17,000 stores worldwide (6,300 in the U.S.) you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work.
You might be thinking, “Wow, how does Domino’s get food to 17,000 stores?” Well, that’s where you come in. We have 22 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, Hawaii and Alaska. They provide fresh dough, equipment and supplies to franchise and company-owned Domino’s stores in the U.S. and Canada. In 2019 alone, these centers made 720,000 deliveries.
Want to get in on the fun? We’d love to have you.
· Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, and lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and 100 lbs. on occasion, perform heavy pushing/pulling of product, work in refrigerated conditions [33-38 degrees], and work in environment with exposure to loud machinery, when necessary
Driver Job Description
70%) Drive, Deliver and Unload Product
· Safely drive assigned truck safely on designated route(s) to deliver product to Domino's Pizza stores; team driving required.
· Safely deliver product by sliding tray and product from truck bed to lift gate/ramp to dollies
· Verify dough, store cooler and trailer temperatures at each stop and accuracy of delivery
· Safely load product onto dolly and unload product at each customer location. Rotate stock in cooler, then move delivered product into cooler
· Pick up damaged or unsold product; empty tray containers and deliver to Supply Chain Center
· Safely Reposition and secure remaining product/tray containers in trailer after each delivery
· Occasionally collect non-cash COD’s from customers
· Listen to and timely resolve customer service complaints
· Required to wear and follow Domino’s Pizza uniform standards at all times
· Attend scheduled safety, team meetings and training sessions
· Follow all safety rules, policies and procedures and work in a safe manner at all time
(30%) Complete Necessary Paperwork
· Responsible for verifying and securing load prior to dispatch
· Ensure you have required safety equipment before dispatch
· Perform pre and post-trip safety vehicle inspections at every stop – beginning and end of each trip
· Verify log of driving activities
· Complete all safety test timely
· Comply with DOT log regulations by using on-board computer system
· Accountable for the vehicle and product
· Must successfully pass a background checks every third year on your anniversary date
· Complete paperwork (DVCR, Trip Sheet, Load Assessment Forms) per DOT, and Company policies and procedures
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- 6 months of verifiable driving experience or proof of 25,000 miles of CMV driving experience
- Must have and maintain a valid class A Commercial Driver’s License with appropriate endorsements
- Must meet the defined MVR standards at all times to remain qualified to drive company commercial motor vehicle
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., frequently perform heavy pushing/pulling of product and work in refrigerated conditions <33-38 degrees>
- Loading and unloading experience preferred.
Domino's Pizza Supply Chain Services is seeking experienced professional CDL A delivery drivers who pride themselves on high standards of quality, safety, and customer service to join our team. The CDL Driver will safely drive a company commercial vehicle on established route(s) to unload product and render customer service to Domino's Pizza store locations. The drivers schedule will consist of a variety of local and road, solo and team, and some 30 hour layover routes. Drivers work night shifts, and typically start their shifts around 12:00am. Drivers are being hired in as utility drivers which means they may be required to help with shuttles, tray pick ups, yard switches, driver rescues and re-deliveries as required.
What can you expect from Domino’s?
- Competitive pay
- Competitive benefits – Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Bonus Potential
- Company paid short term disability coverage
- Company paid Life Insurance
- 401k with company matching after 6 full months of employment
- Paid Holiday and Vacations
- Furnished uniforms
- Professional and supportive management