Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
- Investigate Team Member Relations issues and Promote a Positive Work Environment
- Conduct initial investigations of team member complaints, document findings, analyzes situation for potential liability, and forward to HR Manager or Legal as necessary.
- Review all involuntary terminations and support documentation with the HR Manager and Legal as necessary.
- Conduct research for current claims to include on site interviews, documentation retrieval, and governmental contacts (as necessary).
- Conduct proactive team member surveys, listening sessions, focus groups, and one-on-one discussions to promote positive work environment; analyze results and provide recommendations to Centre Leaders.
- Monitor and assist Centre Leader’s with action plans of team members.
- Ensure all criteria are being met to satisfy State/Provincial Employment & Common Law within supported SCCs
- Serve as point of contact in SCC’s to answer team member related questions around policies & practices at Domino’s
- Respond to and act as a conduit to HR WRC teams as it relates to team member needs by facilitating questions and following up on items (I.e. Leave of Absence, HR Transactions, ER Cases from Safety Hotline, Customer Care & Ethics Hotline)
- Conduct exit interviews w/ key team members & monitor & analyze key turnover trends
Other HR Activities - Compliance, Training & Recruiting
- Follow-up on new hire compliance, Alchemy, DQ file reviews in partnership with Compliance Team
- Partner with SCCs, Safety and Risk to ensure compliance on workers compensation claims.
- Submit insurance documentation for Team Member disability claims, and monitor compliance with leaves of absence.
- Conduct regular HR Audits to monitor all HR activities; including recruitment practices, team member morale, HR poster compliance, wage and hour compliance, payroll, new hire processes and involuntary termination appropriateness
- Facilitate STAR welcome for facility to onboard new team members
- Ensure compliance with training standards across centers supported
- Assist in the development and conduct/lead Human Resources education training classes and workshops (Team member Relations, Sexual Harassment, Positive Team member Relations, Worker’s Compensation Management, Diversity, etc.). Coordinate training classes, sites and attendees, track attendance and results. Provide feedback on classes to Organizational Development Team to continuously improve workshops and training classes.
- Conduct Interviews within region for key positions and assist Associate-Recruiter as needed by helping hold leaders responsible to timely and accurate interview practices
- Facilitate development of ATL & TL’s within centers in conjunction with L&D, Centre Leader’s-SCC & HR-Manager
- Maintain accurate lists of active team members and open positions within HRIS
HR Initiatives & Project Support
- Assist HR Manager on Regional Projects for SC Implementation and rollout in designated centers
- Lead implementation of new HR Initiatives in supported centers (I.e. Engagement Survey, Competencies, Flex Work)
- Support cyclical HR work within centers (I.e. Benefits Open Enrollment, Hourly PFP, Hourly PA’s)
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field
- Provincial Human Resources designation, or in progress of obtaining
- 3-5 years HR generalist experience required (to include recruiting, team member relations, training, compensation and benefits, HRIS administration)
- Demonstrated and thorough understanding of employment law for regions supported
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills required
- Outstanding motivation skills and positive attitude required
- Ability to influence management and work together to resolve issues involving team member relations.
- Ability to schedule, coordinate, and monitor multiple activities (“multi-tasking”) required
- Capability with PeopleSoft, MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Travel is required – maximum 50%
This position is a Hybrid role, 3 days onsite.