Network & Cloud Infrastructure Team Lead
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
The Team Leader of Infrastructure Engineering will give training and mentorship to team members and help manage and provide direction for infrastructure project work. The team leader will work with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and support solutions for Domino’s Domestic and International business units, partners and customers. In addition, the Team Leader of Infrastructure Engineering will perform proof-of-concept tests, technical requirements gathering, documentation, diagrams, implementation activities, and maintenance of the Dominos ecosystem. Design and support activities focus on Cloud Networking, Routing, Load-Balancers, Firewall, Proxy and other network hardware platforms throughout the enterprise.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(50%) Infrastructure Engineering
- Participates in regular meetings and conference calls with customers and IT staff to help qualify opportunities and technical solutions.
- Develops and documents models, plans, diagrams, illustrations, and procedures in support of engineering activities and network related business initiatives.
- Acts as a project entry-point for initiatives focused on security, e-commerce, web hosting and internal application hosting.
- Advises business managers and customers of requirements, configurations, and limitations
- Research, evaluate, and directs the acquisition, installation, and testing of network hardware for voice, data and video, storage, storage networking, virtualization, compute, backups, synchronization, high-availability and disaster recovery.
- Performs site surveys, systems evaluations, system analysis and assessments of technology and hardware.
- Work with Infrastructure leadership, other IS teams and/or other business units to design, engineer, recommend, plan technical projects to meet network reliability, tactical, performance, or controls needs.
- Analyzes business needs; gather requirements, designs, installs, troubleshoots, and supports technical solutions in a world-class infrastructure.
- Meets regularly with engineers from other silos to ensure network builds and configurations meet uptime requirements, security standards, and continue to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensures new technologies are reviewed and implemented, standards and security requirements are met, and interoperability needs are addressed.
(25%) People Team Leader
- Mentor other team members on the infrastructure team, including performance review in alignment with management.
- Provide technical detail and make delivery commitments for infrastructure projects.
- Conduct periodic technology and security reviews with Domino’s staff to address areas of growth or issue.
- Create and update template configurations to be modeled for production use.
- Act as the technical single point of contact for questions related to the network infrastructure team.
(25%) Solutions Support
- Support internal development, E-Commerce, and Web teams in the implementation of content and applications supporting customers and stores.
- Receives escalated issues and is the last level of support (level 4) for troubleshooting networks, VPN, servers and other network equipment.
- Providing complex networking solutions that include highly secure and dynamic networks on an enterprise scale. Investigate, define and resolves network problems utilizing best practice troubleshooting and engineering methodology
- Technical Leader in Cisco switching and routing, load balancing, firewalls, DNS, VPN, security, Web technologies, firewall rule base creation, and high-availability network architectures, supporting stores, corporate users, and public customers.
- Receives escalated issues and is the last level of support (level 4) for troubleshooting architecture issues, connectivity problems and other network equipment.
- Provides detailed root cause analysis (RCA) documentation in the event of a system or process failure.
- Gathers and provides statistical data for regular executive reporting
- Generates detailed documentation of infrastructure, network configurations, hardware, and platforms (Network, Server, Firewall, Load-Balancer).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Networking, related field or equivalent industry experience.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of networking technologies, design principles, and the practical application of routers, switches, virtualization, storage, storage networking virtualization/zoning, and load-balancers.
- Experience gathering business requirements, designing technical solutions, and presenting proposed solutions to customers.
- Knowledge of network security solutions such as firewalls, VPNs, Intrusion detection/prevention, and web application firewalls.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in several of the following (certification a plus): Cisco Routing/Switching, Microsoft Azure, Palo Alto Firewalls (or equivalent) and F5 LTM/GTM
- Strong documentation skills and experience generating technical documents, diagrams, solutions specifications, guidelines, processes, and procedures.
- UNIX or PowerShell scripting skills are a plus
- Excellent communications and customer service skills with proven ability to communicate professionally in a corporate environment.
- Experience in standardizing and automating system builds, component installation, and system configuration.
- Experience with software and hardware troubleshooting and system monitoring.
- Ability to travel 5%
- Ability to cover 24x7 remote (on-call) technical support as needed
- Ability to work monthly Maintenance Windows.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.