Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 80% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
The VP, Data Science & Insights will accelerate Domino’s competitive advantage by shaping and leading the vision and roadmap for the Digital Science, Marketing Science, and Customer Insights teams. This leader will continue to advance the impact of the Analytics & Insights function as well as be the voice of the customer, ensuring that decision-making is centered on brand strategy and personalized customer excellence. We are seeking a dynamic, influential, and collaborative leader with expertise in measuring and maximizing our customer lifetime value plus igniting sustained growth across various customer touchpoints. This is an exciting new position, reporting to the Chief Analytics & Insights (A&I) Officer, and who will lead and integrate a 20+ team of data scientists, analysts, and insights team members to help unlock the next era of business acceleration for Domino’s.
- Develop technical strategies that drive value through big data and advanced analytics to steer Marketing decisions
- Partner with Digital Marketing, Enterprise Data Management, and Machine Learning Operations to build and deploy advantaged algorithms that accelerate personalization efforts
- Champion Customer Data Platform (CDP) strategy & architecture to drive growth targets – ensuring both technical as well as process-set integration for maximum activation
- Utilize machine learning and custom algorithms to perform exploratory and targeted data analyses that enable dynamic pricing models, delivery fees, and targeted offers, surfaced through production APIs
- Drive profitable Aggregator/3P growth while protecting our 1st party direct business through marketing spend optimization, pricing strategies, and incrementality assessments
- Create and launch Voice of the Customer (VoC ) Feedback Loop that enables store-level recommendations to optimize the customer experience; build diagnostic and prescriptive tools to determine key drivers of loyalty, risk, churn, and overall experience, and then translate that into clear, actionable insights through automated data visualization
- Steer Domino’s loyalty program evolution by analyzing customer data and developing predictive models to ensure continued membership growth, incrementality, and profitability
- Drive a deeper understanding of our fans, customers, and marketplace to illuminate and inspire the brand to play an even more significant role in consumer’s lives and in culture
- Enable the team’s success transitioning to Azure platforms (Databricks, Azure ML Studio) for analytics, exploration, development, and delivery
- Advance best-in-class and personalized approaches in Digital Marketing Analytics, Customer Lifetime Value, Marketing Mix, CRM, A/B testing, and Targeting
- Versed in personalization models as well as experience with large and complex customer databases to identify ways of leveraging existing data as well as ways to modernize approaches
- 10+ years of leadership experience in data science, advanced analytics, or related field
- Good understanding of customer journeys and social listening are a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, statistics, computer science, or related field. Master’s preferred
- Substantial leadership experience, with a proven history of building, motivating, and developing high performing plus highly engaged teams with a culture of curiosity and taking calculated risks
- Up-to-date on new developments and best practices in the field of Data Science and Insights, and has demonstrated history of empowering teams to embrace new innovation
- Proven track record of effectively managing change in a highly collaborative/fast-paced setting
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills across levels and functions
- Results-driven, identifying and prioritizing activities that drive impact
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving skills, ability to make sound strategic decisions
- Experience in creating and managing budgets
- Encourages diversity, curiosity, and explores new ways of doing things
- Strong experience with identifying and utilizing consumer segmentation, customer lifetime value, A/B Testing, multi-channel attribution, and marketing mix models
- Hands-on expertise with analytic tools such as Azure, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, SQL, R, Python, Alteryx, Tableau, as well as very large databases. This includes sampling approaches, causal modeling, time series analysis, and data-mining techniques in collecting and predicting consumer sentiment, behavior, and feedback.
- This role is based out of our Ann Arbor, MI headquarters. Relocation assistance will be provided for candidates that are not local.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.