International Business Director (Amsterdam)
Founded in 1960, Domino’s Pizza is the largest pizza company in the world, with a significant business in both delivery and carryout pizza. It ranks among the world’s top public restaurant brands with a global enterprise of more than 19,500 stores in over 90 markets. Domino’s had global retail sales of nearly $17.8 billion in 2021, with over $8.6 billion in the U.S. and over $9.1 billion internationally. In the third quarter of 2022, Domino’s had global retail sales of over $4.0 billion, with over $2.0 billion in the U.S. and nearly $2.0 billion internationally. Its system is comprised of independent franchise owners who accounted for 98% of Domino’s global stores as of the end of the third quarter of 2022. Emphasis on technology innovation helped Domino’s achieve more than half of all global retail sales in 2021 from digital channels. In the U.S., Domino’s generated more than 75% of U.S. retail sales in 2021 via digital channels and has developed several innovative ordering platforms, including those for Google Home, Facebook Messenger, Apple Watch, Amazon Echo, Twitter and more.
The International Business Director (IBD) plays a critical role in the global system as the overall relationship owner across their assigned portfolio. This position is accountable for delivering Domino’s annual budget targets for net store openings and same store sales growth for their designated portfolio. Additionally, they are responsible for ensuring their Master Franchisees are compliant with their Master Franchise Agreement (MFA) and are sufficiently capitalized to run successful operations and deliver sustainable, profitable, growth. To accomplish these objectives, the IBD must closely coordinate with all Centers of Excellence (COE) to effectively influence our Master Franchisee partners.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
(50%) Deliver Domino’s annual budget targets through impactful consulting:
- Accountable for delivering Domino’s annual budget targets for net store openings and same store sales growth for their designated portfolio.
- Partner with the COEs to develop tailored annual operating plans that deliver the appropriate level of support and impact to the Master Franchisee or markets based on the segmentation model (Focus, Consult, Protect).
- Effectively influence Master Franchisees’ or markets’ annual and strategic plans to drive sustainable, profitable, growth.
- Conduct regular business reviews with all markets, leveraging the business assessment tool to identify opportunities.
- Share Domino’s best practices across all key disciplines.
- Support the optimization of our portfolio of Master Franchisees to help create economies of scale and maximize our long-term store and sales growth potential.
(20%) Ensure compliance with the Master Franchise Agreement and protect the brand:
- Embrace our franchisor role ensuring all assigned markets and Master Franchisees are in full compliance of our MFA. Put plans in place to address any gaps in compliance.
- Ensure all changes to standards and policies and communicated in a timely manner to Master Franchisees.
- Closely partner with the QA team to support the implementation of the overall global food safety agenda at the assigned markets to protect the consumers we serve, and the Domino’s brand.
- Confirm that the Master Franchisees’ capital structure, balance sheet and store-level economics are sufficient to deliver long-term, sustainable, growth. If deficiencies are identified in one of these areas, partner with the Master Franchisees to develop the appropriate action plans.
- Champion new global foundational capabilities (e.g., Cutting Edge Project) to help our Master Franchisees operate more effectively.
(20%) Spearhead, or closely support, Domino’s overall relationship with Master Franchisees:
- Ensure there is a strong working relationship between Domino’s and their Master Franchisees, by making sure there is comprehensive information sharing and that key constituents are consistently engaging with our Business Consultants or COEs.
- Coordinate, edit, and frequently create content for, all communications and engagements from DPZ and the COEs to the Master Franchisees or markets.
- Ensure Master Franchisee or market leadership is clear on Domino’s annual and 2030 objectives, including key global initiatives (e.g., voice of the customer).
(10%) Lead, coach, and develop a high-performing team:
- Recruit International Business Managers that are a fit with Domino’s and possess the skills to effectively partner with Master Franchisees and COEs.
- Promote our company values, leading by example, and encouraging their team to live these values every day.
- Lead, coach and motivate their team to create an open inclusive environment where all team members can bring their ideas and whole self to work.
- Foster a highly collaborative culture that facilitates a strong partnership with all COEs.
- Provide constructive feedback on a regular basis and create detailed action plans during the semi-annual performance appraisal process to develop team members’ leadership and functional competencies.
- Partner with RVPs to create career development plans for all team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years of QSR, other retail, or CPG experience.
- Experience working with Franchisees or Master Franchisees is highly preferred.
- Experience with Mergers & Acquisitions
- Previous or current experience supporting the United Kingdom is highly preferred
- Possesses a robust and broad general management skillset, with an emphasis on retail operations and financial acumen.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a proven track record of communicating effectively with C-suite level executives.
- An advanced consultative skillset that leverages strong problem solving and analytical competencies to effectively persuade senior leaders to act.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and grow influential and collaborative relationships with both external and internal partners.
- Experienced in leading high-performance teams in a matrixed organization.
- Work experience outside of the U.S. preferred.
- Multilingual and multicultural skills preferred.
- Ability to travel internationally 50% of the time.
- Candidates must be in the Netherlands or willing to relocate
- Hybrid work environment. Tues-Thurs in office
- Remote work is not available
Office Location: 1118 CL Schiphol, The Netherlands
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.