Senior Accountant - Fixed Assets & Leases
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(65%) Prepare timely and accurate fixed asset-related subledger reports, financial statement information and supplemental reports for Dominos’ internal and external users.
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring the accuracy of the fixed asset system (retirements, changes, additions) inclusive of timely closing of the fixed asset system as well as accurately recording depreciation each period.
- Record fixed asset related period end accounting entries (e.g. accruals, adjustments, etc.)
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and certifications.
- Analyze key CAPEX, Service Channel, Corrigo and fixed asset-related processes, activity and reporting for area(s) of responsibility and identify and notify management any areas of misstatement risk to be addressed.
- Investigate and communicate with internal customers on outstanding accounting issues, problems, or concerns.
- Monitor account activity and notify management of anything unusual.
- Provide internal customers with fixed asset-related reporting upon the close of the financial period.
- Act as subject matter expert and a resource to internal customers on fixed assets and their impact on the financial statements and the general ledger.
- Liaison with internal and external process partners on the fixed asset accounting matters, ensuring they are timely and properly recorded in the subledger and general ledger.
- Partner with other accounting functions, with divisional finance teams, and business customers to ensure operating results are being reported timely, accurately, and in compliance with GAAP.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls and adhere to Company policy and procedures ensuring that there are no significant deficiencies or material weaknesses within fixed asset, CAPEX, Service Channel, and Corrigo related approval processes.
(25%) Lease Accounting
- Oversee and ensure adherence to GAAP lease accounting for the Company’s Corporate-owned store business, including offices and equipment, operating and financing leases.
- Assess Company-owned store leasing contracts, including contracts that may include embedded leases, to see if they qualify as a lease under ASC 842.
- Perform the lease test and measure the right of use asset and lease liability for newly signed and/or amended leases.
- Maintain the Company-owned store lease asset portfolio within the AMT leasing system.
- Record accounting entries for new leases, modifications to leases, disposals of leases, and recurring activity for existing leases.
- Ensure adherence to internal controls for leases under the Company’s SOX framework, including quarterly reviews with leasing, development, operations, and technology process partners to ensure completeness and accuracy of lease portfolio.
- Prepare periodic account reconciliations and quarterly roll-forward schedules.
- Assist with the preparation and review of the quarterly lease footnotes SEC filings.
- Provide guidance to business process partners on the accounting impacts for lease transactions.
(10%) Special projects & ad hoc support
- Assist internal customers with analysis of financial impact on certain projects.
- Assist financial reporting with the review of quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Assist with developing and documenting new accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests.
- Assist in testing system upgrades or newly implemented systems.
- Partner with accounting managers and team leaders to resolve outstanding accounting issues, problems, or concerns.
- Provide training and development support to other general ledger accountants.
- Other ad-hoc projects as deemed necessary.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3+ years of Accounting or Finance experience (Preferred 5+ years of experience)
- Ability to analyze financial information
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills
- Self-Motivated and able to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and database applications
- PeopleSoft Financials, HFM and Blackline experience a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.