Assistant Production Supervisor
Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores, and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, and at over 17,000 stores worldwide (6,300 in the U.S.) you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work.
You might be thinking, “Wow, how does Domino’s get food to 17,000 stores?” Well, that’s where you come in. We have 22 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, Hawaii and Alaska. They provide fresh dough, equipment and supplies to franchise and company-owned Domino’s stores in the U.S. and Canada. In 2019 alone, these centers made 720,000 deliveries.
Want to get in on the fun? We’d love to have you.
Summary: Assist Production Team Leader with the supervision and coordination of production team members engaged in the production of pizza dough. Train new team members in job duties. Ensure team members are working safe at all times. Comfort level working in a diverse, fast past environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Assist Production Team leader in all aspects of production operations in accordance with established company and industry standards and processes.
- Leadership :
- Recruit and interview new team members
- Attend and participate in annual Leadership & Development training sessions
- Supervise and lead the Production Team in the absence of the Production Team Leader
- Assist in training of team members on a regular basis
- Keep team leader informed when team members are not meeting expectations.
- Follow progressive discipline according to guidelines
- Ensure safe and positive work environment in compliance with OSHA, company standards, local, state and federal requirements, and overall moral and respect among team members
- High school diploma or GED, some college expected with 2-3 years of bakery of manufacturing experience, 2 year college degree preferred
- 2-3 years of production or manufacturing experience
- 2-3 years of documented supervisory experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Must become and maintain dough certification
- Willingness to support a 24 hour operation, be on call, including carrying an emergency cell phone as needed
- Must successfully pass a background checks every third year on your anniversary date
- Ability to work a full-time/flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Continually inspect the production area to verify that everything is operating properly
- Wear and uphold Domino’s Pizza uniform standards
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, and lift up to 25 lbs. frequently, and 50 lbs. on an occasional basis, work in extreme temperatures<33-38 degrees>, and environment with exposure to loud machinery
Additional InformationWhat you can expect from Domino’s:
- Competitive pay
- Competitive benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Company paid short term disability coverage
- Company paid Life Insurance
- 401k with company matching after 6 full months of employment
- Paid Holiday and Vacations
- Professional and supportive management