Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
The Analytics & Insights Team has been instrumental in driving Domino’s industry-leading growth by pairing strategic thought leadership with the latest techniques in the fields of data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and primary marketing research. The A&I team leverages their skills to drive outstanding customer and employee experiences to fuel future growth.
In this Research Science Manager role you will be the head of a team of two professionals helping to shape our Voice of Customer research program along with our overall digital consumer experience through a deep understanding of customers’ needs, behaviors, and preferences within the ever-changing macro-QSR landscape and how those intersect with needs across our digital platforms.
- A key responsibility of the role is leading the revitalization of our Voice of Customer (CX/Customer Experience) program and delivering actionable insights to ensure we are executing on key satisfaction drivers at an occasion level.
- Additionally, all consumer insights work related to digital usability and the digital customer experience is owned and led by this team, which should also weave in social listening and an understanding of customer feedback as gathered through our many social platforms.
- In this role you will also be responsible for leading your team in delivering insights that drive continued profitable growth of the Domino’s Rewards loyalty program and continued optimization of our digital ordering platforms.
The work of this team is critical in painting a clear picture of the physical and digital Domino’s customer experience on an occasion level and with our various digital assets and channels.
As a successful leader in this role, you will demonstrate strong primary marketing research skills (qualitative and quantitative) as well as user experience and usability research expertise, and be able to weave findings from multiple data forms into actionable and compellingly-told insights. Success in this role depends on collaboration and well-honed listening, influencing, and consulting skills.
- Research Science leader on Voice of Customer program, digital experience initiatives, usability research and social listening
- Grow and develop 2 direct reports
- Develop strong working partnerships with fellow team members within the Analytics and Insights group and across the Domino’s Digital Experience, Loyalty, and Digital Innovation teams
- Identify and convey customer insights-driven business opportunities that can be acted upon
- Strong storytelling skills, with the ability to socialize consumer insights in a compelling way to internal business partners and leadership
- Manage key initiatives/research projects end-to-end, including influencing and leveraging cross-functional team members
- Partner with and manage external research vendors to address key business issues
- Convey a strong working knowledge of a wide array of primary marketing research methods and their applications, in particular usability/digital user experience research
- Collaborate with the Director of Research Science to develop tools that yield new insights-generation capabilities to the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Market Research, Marketing, Psychology, Sociology, Statistics, Consumer Behavior, Business Analytics or another related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Minimum of 7 years professional related experience (and/or equivalent incremental academic experience)
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience driving actionable insights from Voice of Customer (CX/Customer Experience) research programs
- Experience conducting usability / digital user experience research
- Experience with social listening and gleaning insights through social platforms
- Experience weaving consumer insights into digital A/B testing
- Experience leading research projects with supplier partners and agencies
- Demonstrated familiarity with the mechanics of customer loyalty programs
- QSR industry work experience
This role is onsite in Ann Arbor, MI and will require full relocation for non-local candidates
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines