Founded in 1960, Domino’s Pizza is the largest pizza company in the world, with a significant business in both delivery and carryout pizza. It ranks among the world’s top public restaurant brands with a global enterprise of more than 19,500 stores in over 90 markets. Domino’s had global retail sales of nearly $17.8 billion in 2021, with over $8.6 billion in the U.S. and over $9.1 billion internationally. In the third quarter of 2022, Domino’s had global retail sales of over $4.0 billion, with over $2.0 billion in the U.S. and nearly $2.0 billion internationally. Its system is comprised of independent franchise owners who accounted for 98% of Domino’s global stores as of the end of the third quarter of 2022. Emphasis on technology innovation helped Domino’s achieve more than half of all global retail sales in 2021 from digital channels. In the U.S., Domino’s generated more than 75% of U.S. retail sales in 2021 via digital channels and has developed several innovative ordering platforms, including those for Google Home, Facebook Messenger, Apple Watch, Amazon Echo, Twitter and more.
The Analytics & Insights team has been a critical contributor to driving Domino’s industry-leading growth by pairing strategic thought leadership with the latest analytic techniques in data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and primary research. The A&I team leverages its skills to drive outstanding consumer and employee experiences to fuel future growth.
We seek a creative problem solver with strong analytic and programming skills for this role. The candidate should be skilled in using multiple data sources, SQL, Python, and machine learning algorithms. The ideal candidate must collaborate on advanced machine learning model design and testing and have strong communication skills to translate business problems into technical requirements and solutions into business value. This role will require partnering with IT specialists on data/model staging, integrating with existing platforms, and improving technical and operational algorithm/data uses.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Develop a strong understanding of the business and the challenges, and demonstrate the ability to identify business opportunities that can be acted upon
- Collaborate cross-functionally to understand the data needs of different stakeholders across multiple business verticals, developing strong high-trust partnerships through transparency and incremental delivery of value
- Own data science & analytical solutions end-to-end, from identifying business problems, crafting ML-based solutions, socializing proposed architecture with partners, implementing solutions, tracking results, and presenting to stakeholders
- Spearhead the research and implementation of advanced Machine Learning techniques such as computer vision, natural language processing, and reinforcement learning to solve complex business problems
- Serve as a mentor and consultant guiding best practices in code review, data processing, modeling, AI, and ,ML development
- Efficiently prioritize competing tasks in a dynamic business environment
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong experience solving business problems with data science, emphasis on business outcomes
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in R or Python
- Knowledge of a variety of predictive modeling & machine learning techniques (classification, predictive, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world application
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, probability, properties of distributions, statistical tests, etc.) and experience with applications
- Experience training models using deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow and network types
- Experience building production-grade APIs using established CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and encourage partners and team members to drive collaboration and alignment
- Strong analytical/conceptual thinking acumen to address unstructured and sophisticated business problems and articulate key findings to senior leaders/collaborators in a brief and concise manner
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
This role is onsite in Ann Arbor, MI and will require full relocation for non-local candidates