Representative - SCC Accounting
Assist with the bookkeeping, general accounting (AP/AR), and payroll functions of the Supply Chain Center. Cross-train in other administrative areas when required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
General Accounting Duties
- Monitor account receivables, past dues, account payables and CODs
- Maintain and controls the non COGs purchase orders and logs
- Maintain accurate accrual for unpaid inventory receipts (COGs accrual)
- Collect customer late payments and monitor credit policy compliance
- Record retention of all financials
- Monitor and set up payment plans and process payments
- Monitor store lists and assist with setting up new stores and new customers (as needed)
- Assist Accountant with preparing weekly and period key indicators
- Assure three-way match of purchase order, receiver and invoices. Secure necessary approval prior to payment.
- Maintain price / cost worksheets
- Maintain FIFO layer cost records
- Maintain adequate procedures and controls. Ensures distribution center compliance with finance and accounting policies.
General Payroll Duties
- Assist with wage pool, New Orientation of New Team Members, and new hire processing of potential applicants
- Assist with the maintenance of all personnel records and team member files
- Assist with payroll processing and bi-weekly transmittals
- Assist with keys reporting
- Assist with payroll distribution
- Process paperwork for terminated team members
- High School diploma or GED, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of bookkeeping or general accounting experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!