Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 80% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
At Dominos, we develop leaders at all levels. Our approach to ongoing career development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title. It takes talented people to support the best pizza company in the world.
As part of the Global Products Engineering team, you are a leader and partner with the business to bring their product vision to reality—our stakeholders are our store operators, franchisees, master franchisees, business and technology leaders, and C-suite officers. You are part of the team that is building and supporting cutting-edge store technologies, driving the latest advances in team member experiences, and delivering efficiencies into our store operations around the globe.
As the Director of Technical Delivery, you provide thought leadership and mentorship across multiple software delivery teams in support of our purpose-built next generation store systems. You build the roadmap, organize, manage, and drive the successful delivery of cross-functional workstreams within the program. You own and run the portfolio of projects including staffing, resource management, financial management, and tracking and coordination with appropriate stakeholders.
PROJECT EXECUTION AND DELIVERY
- Leads the development of strategic plans for portfolio of initiatives of high business complexity.
- Works with architects to design business solutions by applying the right technology. Works with architects to transform requirements into solutions design.
- Works with cross functional resources to develop and gain approval for high-level delivery plans of various sized software development projects based on a set of objectives (scope, delivery and technical approaches, risk, assumptions, staffing plans, other cost, and ongoing operational plans and cost).
- Oversee client/customer/vendor relations to ensure that service expectations are met or exceeded
- Monitors portfolio and project metrics for significant deviations in quality, cost, or schedule
- Monitors and reports on all portfolio and project risks and issues; leads mitigation and resolution efforts to limit risks; escalates as needed
- Provides thought leadership to deliver creative and efficient technical solutions.
- Accountable for the accuracy of estimates produced, and the on-time, quality delivery of initiatives within the portfolio.
STRATEGIC LEADER AND PORTFOLIO MANAGER
- Directly manages a portfolio of technology assets and software development projects.
- Creates, monitors, tracks, and reports on the financial metrics – budget creation and tracking, actual spend, forecasted spend - for the portfolio
- Collaborates with business customers to identify, define, and implement new software solutions that drive customer satisfaction and exceed quality expectations.
- Ensures the technical solution architecture is in alignment with Domino’s Technology technical standards and direction.
- Works with peers to define, mature and communicate software development processes.
- Identifies, evaluates, and manages third party vendors, products, technology, or processes for their integration when necessary.
- Coordinates and facilitates activities and commitments with other directors and managers
- Assists in establishing, enabling, and improving project delivery and software development methodologies, procedures, and policies
- Manages the development of detailed technical standards aligned to Domino’s Technology technical strategy.
- Able to organize, document and present complex technology information to executive leadership in a concise and understandable manner.
- Track technical delivery projects pipeline against commitments and negotiate/ provide direction to adjust priorities as needed.
- Builds and manages a highly engaged team of Technical Delivery Managers and continuously develop and improve the Technical Delivery Management discipline and practices.
- Develop team members to increase the bench strength and flexibility of the department. Ensure that all team members are appropriately trained and have the resources to perform their jobs effectively and efficiently.
- Coach and mentor individuals on the project delivery teams and provide feedback on performance to their leaders.
- Ensures staff is cross trained to ensure bandwidth for future support and transfer of knowledge.
- Ensures team members’ understanding of and alignment to the department’s overall goals and operating structure.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
- At least 10 years of professional experience, with at least 7 years in medium to large scale system implementation efforts using multiple SDLC methodologies, and 3 years of management experience owning a portfolio spend of ≥ $3M annually.
- High caliber technology leader with proven experience in successfully delivering multiple strategic/complex, custom-built software systems. Experience in QSR industry or franchising models, highly desired.
- Has foundational technical experience in full software delivery lifecycle as an analyst, developer, architect, or quality engineer (previous application development/programming experience preferred).
- Consultative communications skills: written, oral, and presentation (technical and non-technical audience). Driven, independent, detail-oriented, and results-driven.
- Outstanding program management skills with proven experience managing and running a portfolio of large/complex projects across an enterprise technology ecosystem and organizational boundaries.
- Excellent financial management skills with experience delivering economic models, regular corporate reports, and budgetary deliverables.
- Strong business acumen and exceptional leadership to build credibility, trust and strong relationships with business customers, stakeholders, and executives.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results in a fast-paced environment where: managing concurrent high visibility initiatives, tolerance for ambiguity to help drive clarity and alignment, flexibility, and creativity is required.
- Proven ability to recruit, manage, retain, and inspire top talent to achieve their career goals. Led and prioritized initiatives to build a healthy work environment where each team member is valued.
- This role will be a hybrid setup out of our Ann Arbor, MI office.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.