Senior Tax Analyst
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
Tax Compliance (50.00%)
- Manage Federal Tax Return process in OneSource including the consolidation process and e-filling process.
- Assist with preparation of the U.S. federal consolidated corporate income tax return which includes either preparation or review of Federal tax return adjustments, forms, and schedules for clerical accuracy.
- Prepare or lead the federal estimated cash tax forecasts and payments.
- Analyze and prepare fixed asset analysis for tax depreciation and gain/loss and update rollforwards
- Maintain adherence to key Tax internal controls and adhere to Company policy and procedures.
- Build relationships and collaborate with other Finance teams and departments outside Finance
- Assist with preparation of unitary and separate state tax returns – post Federal return as required.
- Assist with international filings as required.
- Manage Federal Tax Calendar to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Lead or manage non-income tax fillings such as: 1042, FBAR, W-8BENE/W-9 and all other fillings as needed.
- Lead or Perform Deferred validation analysis and return to provision analysis.
- Manage research credit project & support process for work opportunity credit.
- Support Federal Audits
- Assist with State Compliance as needed and collaborate with State Lead Specialist.
Financial Statement Tax Preparation (40.00%)
- Year-end Provision Process - Manage the Federal Provision process in OneSource
- Quarterly Provision Process – FIN18 process
- Prepare account analysis and related tax entries during the quarterly and annual tax provision process for inclusion in the Company’s quarterly and annual financial statements (10Q and 10K)
- Update quarterly estimates of tax adjustments and taxable income using current financial statement forecast
- Perform other financial analysis for review, such as tax account reconciliations and validations of current and deferred taxes
- Prepare 10K Tax footnote disclosures including uncertain tax positions and deferred taxes
- Provide all analysis in timely manner for Management’s final review
- Perform Tax Research, Manage Tax Projects, and implement process improvements (10.00%)
- Maintain vendor relationships and coordinate work opportunity tax credit reporting and research credit study
- Research and draft tax technical memos on the tax impact of business transactions
- Assist with gathering details, performing analysis, and drafting responses for governmental audits and/or inquiries
- Document processes, identify and implement process improvements to improve efficiency
- Use tax research tools and participate in webinars and other training to enhance tax knowledge and identify impacts to Domino’s
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in public accounting, or equivalent experience in corporate tax or law
- CPA preferred
- Experience with using OneSource Tax Return and Provision or other software is a must.
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with on-line tax research tools
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft and Hyperion helpful
This position is a Hybrid role, 3 days onsite.