International Franchise Services Associate
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
80% Administer the Store Franchise Agreement/Relevant Documentation Process for International Corporate Store Franchise Events
· Ensure process of new store openings and store related transactions (store sales/transfers, relocations, store re-openings, permanent/temporary closures, etc.) are followed/completed and the required forms/documentation (e.g., Store Franchise Agreement/Delivery Maps/Amendments, etc.) are submitted through Domino’s Connect.
· Prepare and issue Store Franchise Agreements and related store opening process documents.
· Prepare and issue renewals for expiring Store Franchise Agreements.
· Prepare and issue relevant documentation for stores sales.
· Prepare and issue relevant amendments for store relocations.
· Maintain pending/renewal/expiration tickler file of Store Franchise Agreements.
· Manage/Follow-up on return of Store Franchise Agreements.
· Interact with master franchisees on issues related to various matters including contracts/issues, Domino’s Connect, documentation requests, legal matters, etc.
Administer Int’l Sub-Franchise Agreements
· Assist Master Franchisees with various issues related to the sub-franchise agreements and the collection of sub-franchise documents for new store openings and/or renewal sub-franchise agreements.
15% Analyze Ad Hoc Information
· Maintain Franchise Legal System (FLS) database and data entry and generate reports as needed.
· Analyze and generate reports/summaries of contractual information.
5% Provide timely follow up, communications and training to home office team members, field team members and franchisees.
· Advise existing market franchisees on the continuing development of franchise administrative systems for corporate stores and sub-franchisee stores.
· Assist field personnel with respect to store opening process, outstanding store contracts, policies and procedures.
· Bachelors or Associates degree or equivalent experience
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent organization and communication skills
· Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite of programs (Specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
· Ability to manage multiple tasks
· Ability to work accurately at a high pace
· Ability to work independently
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.