Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 80% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
Responsible for developing, documenting, and executing a comprehensive Inbound logistics and distribution strategic plan which encompasses all functions [Production, Warehouse, Transportation and Administration] of the Supply Chain Center, and drive optimal profitability. Communicate Domino’s vision and guiding principles. Foster and build strong, lasting relationships with Supply Chain Center Operations, stores and franchisees, and work to resolve customer complaints. Ensure that team members work in a safe manner. High comfort level working in a diverse environment. Lead and develop Direct Reports to operational excellence in an effort to build high performing teams.
Inbound Procurement Strategy
- Develop and executes to KPI’s, including but not limited to total cost of ownership, strategic plans for technology and tools, and capital budgeting, planning, inventory (asset & product - SKUs), cost controls, revenue and productivity objectives, and operational execution.
- Develop and review strategy for improving key performance indicators including, but not limited to on-time delivery performance, vendor compliance, damages, incident rates, carrier management, and total cost of ownership model.
- Keep the VP of Logistics and Operation’s Directors updated and informed of critical issues.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls and adhere to Company policy and procedures. Ensure there are no significant deficiencies or material weaknesses, as defined by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Ensure traceability procedures are enforced and followed.
- Develop and execute strategic inbound plans utilizing company assets and common carriers.
- Partner with procurement, supply chain leadership, suppliers, and freight carriers to align procurement activities with overall business objectives.
- Identify opportunities for cost optimization and process improvements within inbound procurement.
- Resolve supply chain issues that are a result of service failures.
- Develop comprehensive, measurable goals for each direct report that drive results, and provide frequent feedback.
- Create a culture where exceptional people desire to work to their highest level and are appreciated for their performance.
- Consult with Human Resources regarding hiring, retention, compensation, career development, and team member relations issues.
- Assure that leadership is accountable, focused, and clear to the team members, as team members are to their performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field required – APICS designation would be a plus
- 5-7 years of proven leadership experience in distribution with extensive P&L and transportation/logistic experience, strong customer service background, and knowledgeable in all areas of operations
- Demonstrated experience with budget oversight of $2M+
- Proven ability to achieve targeted results and operational goals
- Result oriented with strong organizational and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to persuade and negotiate
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and works well under pressure with short or changing deadlines
- In depth knowledge of key supply chain/logistics processes and current best practices
- Demonstrate positive attitude, high integrity and self-discipline, strong role model for others
- Proficient in Microsoft programs and a high level of analytical ability
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to develop and lead team members in meeting goals and objectives
- Ability to travel, up to 25%
- This role is hybrid with Mon/Fri as flexible and Tues-Thurs in the office. All candidates must be comfortable working in this type of environment
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.