Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
The Analytics & Insights team has been a key contributor to driving Domino’s industry-leading growth by pairing strategic thought leadership with the latest analytic techniques in the fields of data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and primary research. The A&I team leverages their skills to drive outstanding consumer and employee experiences to fuel future growth.
The Innovation Data Science team works to create best-in-class technology-driven customer and team member experiences in & around stores and during delivery by continuously testing new concepts, platforms, and technologies. As a data scientist on this team, you will work cross-functionally with the digital innovation, technology, and operations innovation teams to identify opportunities for innovative tech solutions and generate insights that inform our national marketing campaigns. Leveraging your knowledge of statistics and machine learning, combined with creative analytical thinking and the ability to identify actionable business recommendations will enable us to continue to build Domino’s techquity. You will be solving difficult, non-routine problems and developing the machine learning and artificial intelligence components of Domino’s next-generation smart applications.
For this role, we are seeking a creative problem solver with strong analytic and programming skills. The candidate should be skilled in using multiple data sources, SQL, Python, and machine learning algorithms. The ideal candidate will need to collaborate on advanced machine learning model design and testing and have strong communication skills to interpret model results and impacts for our clients. This role will also require partnering with IT specialists on data/model staging, integrating with existing platforms, and improving technical and operational algorithm/data uses. Candidate will design and build simulation experiments to model and optimize business and operations processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Develop a strong understanding of the business, the challenges, and demonstrate the ability to identify business opportunities that can be acted upon
- Research, develop, and implement advanced machine learning solutions and statistical analysis techniques to solve complex business problems, provide meaningful recommendations and actionable strategies to internal stakeholders
- Simulate, analyze, and optimize operations processes using AnyLogic, Python, and R
- Own data science & analytical solutions end-to-end, from identifying business problems, crafting ML-based solutions, socializing proposed architecture with partners, implementing solutions, tracking results, and presenting to stakeholders
- Consult and share novel approaches of machine learning with other team members
- Efficiently prioritize competing tasks in dynamic business environment
- Develop, train, and test models for object detection, classification, and segmentation on images of different quality including noisy and low-quality images
- Serve as a mentor and consultant guiding best practices in code review, data processing, modeling, AI, and ML development
- Use visualization, reporting and other tools to improve the ways in which our team accesses and interprets datasets
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in a quantitative or technical work environment
- Strong experience solving business problems with data science, emphasis on business outcomes
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in R or Python
- Knowledge of a variety of predictive modeling, machine learning and generative AI techniques (classification, predictive, artificial neural networks, image recognition, LLMs, etc.) and their real-world application
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, probability, properties of distributions, statistical tests, etc.) and experience with applications
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and encourage partners and team members to drive collaboration and alignment
- Experience creating engaging and compelling stories and presentations from data and effectively communicating analysis results with a diverse non-technical audience
The following are a plus but not required:
- Master’s degree in related field
- Experience designing, building, and evaluating simulation models in AnyLogic or similar tools
- Experience with Java
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new programming languages, technologies, and frameworks
This role is onsite in Ann Arbor, MI and will require full relocation for non-local candidates
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.