Domino’s, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, re-energized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability, not to mention – great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions. Further, 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
This will be a hybrid position with expectations of in-office Tuesday-Thursday and Monday and Friday remote.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(55%) Maintain and reconcile bank accounts
- Prepare periodic reconciliations for store depository, concentration, accounts payable, payroll, investment, and gift card bank accounts.
- Transfer cash from store depository to concentration bank accounts .
- Reconcile store deposits daily in ReconNet database.
- Reconcile JPM Chase and Citibank banking activity daily in PeopleSoft Financials.
- Load store deposit data as well as bank deposit data into ReconNet software.
- Prepare and oversee automated journal entries to record bank activity.
- Review cash ledger account balances each period for normalcy.
- Set up and close bank accounts as needed, including the completion of any related paperwork.
- Research and resolve variances discovered by bank account reconciliation.
- Use reporting tools including PeopleSoft (Finance and HR platforms), HFM, and our proprietary Franchise Legal System software as well as tools from our banks, and credit and gift card processors.
- Prepare reports related to store depository account activity including a Missing Deposit Report and Over & Short Report.
- Perform bank fee analysis and understand fee structure for store depository bank accounts.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls and adhere to Company policy and procedures. Ensure there are no significant deficiencies or material weaknesses, as defined by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
(35%) Prepare timely and accurate financial statements and supplemental reports for certain corporate store or supply chain center operating segments
- Prepare timely and accurate financial statements and ensure completeness of the general ledger accounting data for certain corporate store markets and/or supply chain centers.
- Record period end accounting entries (e.g. accruals, adjustments, etc.)
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and certifications.
- Monitor account activity and notify management of unusual account activity, especially within key reserve accounts.
- Review P&L statements and identify the key drivers of variances to budget, prior year, and flash forecasting estimates.
- Coordinate with other accounting functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash, financial reporting, fixed assets, payroll, and tax to ensure that the general ledger is accurately stated.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls and adhere to Company policy and procedures. Ensure there are no significant deficiencies or material weaknesses, as defined by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Provide internal customers with general ledgers, P&Ls, and financial summaries upon close of the financial period.
- Communicate with internal customers on outstanding accounting issues, problems, or concerns.
(10%) Special projects and ad hoc support
- Communicate frequently with security and field management on any critical cash related issues, including missing and late deposits, shortages, and other unusual cash trends.
- Support unclaimed property filings by researching outstanding checks to determine if they are escheatable.
- Assist with training of other accountants.
- Other ad-hoc projects as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must have completed Intermediate Accounting
- Maintained a GPA of 3.2+
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and database applications
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.