Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
We are looking for a Developer who has a desire and interest to become a DevOps Engineer. Our DevOps teams are coders who specialize in Automation. This person will be responsible for designing and developing fully automated deployment solutions, as we head down the path to continuous deployment. In addition to building full scale environments and deploying full application solutions on demand, you will have the opportunity of implementing creative monitoring solutions and providing full visibility into all areas of our system. Automation, Continuous Innovation and Continuous Improvement are the keys to succeeding in this role. We are looking for someone to bring their development background and skillset into our DevOps team. You’ll have an integral part in helping the Next Generation Pulse become scalable to address our future growth. The specific focus for the DevOps Engineer is on following best practices around configuration, automation and optimization of the development, test and release processes for the Next Generation Pulse Platform. The DevOps Engineer works collaboratively with the Agile Delivery Teams to deploy and operate our systems, automate and streamline our operations and processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, and to troubleshoot and resolve issues in our production and non-production environments. Our DevOps Engineers are Developers they just happen to use different languages than Developers.
- Responsible for the design and development of Operational Support Tooling leveraging API Scripting using common scripting languages like PowerShell, bash or Groovy.
- Support pipeline enhancements.
- Enhance our current monitoring capabilities.
- Support physical deployments.
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production.
- Provides technical guidance to application teams to take advantage of DevOps technologies and processes, as needed.
- Build tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and pre-production environments.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools.
(20%) Operational Support
- Provide 24X7 production support as part of a team rotation, resolving or escalating issues as appropriate.
- Maintain Production services to highly demanding SLA’s.
- Take ownership of production issues, working closely with infrastructure and development teams on issue resolution.
- Support releases on a regularly scheduled basis, as well as emergency releases as needed.
- Deploy application and data changes to all environments as needed.
- Provide Level 2 technical support.
- Provide support to the development teams that use the automated infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and support hardware issues in a physical environment (i.e., labs, stores, etc.)
- This requirement is non-negotiable. The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to write technical data for a non-technical audience.
- Experience with Code Repository Management, Code Merging, Code Quality, Continuous Integration and Automated Deployments.
- Experience with current Monitoring platforms (Prometheus, Splunk).
- Experienced with Object Oriented Programming.
- 3+ Years of experience as a Developer in a modern Programming language (i.e., C#, Java, Python, Groovy).
- Experience using scripting languages such as Bash, Groovy, Python, Powershell, etc.
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development.
- Experience with Linux shell scripting (e.g., Bourne, Python, etc.).
- Experience or knowledge (even if not formal) of Release automation (e.g., Jenkins, JenkinsX), system administration, system configuration, and code debugging experience.
- Understanding or knowledge of CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Networks, firewalls, DNS and DHCP.
- Experience with Linux & Windows system Administration.
- Experience with administration of Linux, Windows and virtualization platforms like VMWare.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments (e.g., AWS, Azure)
- Broad understanding of modern containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Advanced troubleshooting, problem analysis, and critical thinking skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.