Food Safety Quality Specialist
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
We currently have two openings for a FSQA. One role will the on global standards and store food safety teams to implement, audit and refine our FSQA standards and auditing processes. The other role will support the regional QA teams in the US and Canada working with to support FSQA efforts in our Supply Chain centers.
The person in this role must be a proficient Food Safety/QA who is able to learn and understand Domino’s food safety systems. This position supports the FSQA regional teams and/or corporate teams in QA field support, implementation, and on-going program management/oversight.
- Support various FSQA corporate initiatives thorough documentation, project management, trend management and dashboarding.
- Support field FSQA teams during crisis management protocols
- Review key FSQA documentation providing feedback and updating within FSQA dashboards and systems
- Communicate with Supply Chain Center team members on the policies and procedures as required
- Support Corporate level and SCC level training activities including mock-trace, regulatory compliance and audits.
- Support the maintenance of the Food Safety and HACCP programs for the Domino’s facilities
- Serve as the PCQI, HACCP Coordinator, and Food Safety Team Leader for the facilities assigned
- Support any additional programs as assigned by the leadership
Needed Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of regulatory, food safety, and quality systems within food manufacturing and/or QSR industry
- Experience working in professional kitchens and/or analytical labs
- Comparison of specifications to live/physical product (practical application of written specifications to food)
- Understanding of store food safety & product quality processes within QSR or food industry
- Familiar with quality assurance audit processes and health inspections within QSR and/or food manufacturing industry
- Working knowledge of document control practices, document writing and review
- Knowledge of system workstream development within QA platforms
- Some experience working with specification management and/or certification compliance
- Ability to utilize QA system tools to ensure compliance to food safety standards through dashboards, data and insight sharing.
- Ability to proactively identify non-compliances within QA system and provide solution to noncompliance through appropriate communication to stakeholders.
- Ability to compile and maintain regulatory documentation databases or systems.
- Some knowledge of FDA, USDA & Food Code regulations
- Ability to identify emerging regulations, standards, or guidance document from regulatory authorities.
- Ability to read data and input into systems and make system maintenance changes based on user changes
- Experience with QA lab maintenance equipment, product quality testing & compliance
- BS in food science, microbiology, agricultural science, chemistry or related field preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years food safety/food quality experience preferably in food manufacturing.
- Relevant experience in public health preferred
- PCQI and HACCP certifications preferred
- Understanding of FDA and/or USDA inspected manufacturing facilities
- Capacity to understand and work with cross-functional teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to identify opportunities, set goals, work independently, and be self-motivated
- Organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and organize, create action and follow through on assignments
- Strong analytical and computer skills including current MS Office programs, additional QA systems a plus
- Ability to travel up to 10-20%
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.