Safety Program Manager
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
The Program Manager will have primary responsibility for the development, implementation and ongoing oversight of all policies, programs and associated training materials designed to (1) reduce the number and severity of injuries to, and to otherwise promote the safety of, all store-based Team Members, (2) reduce the number and severity of injuries to customers and third parties (e.g., including auto accidents) resulting from the operation, and (3) help to ensure that safety is always “top of mind” for all personnel. All such policies, programs and training materials must be measured to ensure that they add value, meet safety goals, and demonstrate a ROI (which, in the context of safety, means a reduction in safety-related incidents and the severity of injuries).
(65%) Generate awareness, compliance and excitement about Safety and Loss Prevention Programs and Policies
• Advise on Vision, Mission and Guiding Principles around Safety and Safe Working Practices
• Develop and communicate safety policies and procedures through established communications, like the Team Member Handbook, Star Welcome and through designing other means of communicating designed to be most effective based on message type and audience.
• Implement safety policies and procedures through regular data driven evaluation of potential safety issues associated with store operations
• Communicate regularly as the subject matter expert on Safety and Loss Prevention policies and procedures to personnel at all levels of DPZ.
• Research, design and implement training and policies in the areas of injury prevention, environmental and life safety issues, including meeting the requirements of OSHA and other federal, state and local governmental laws and regulations that impact store operations (including, without limitation, safe driving)
• Advise appropriate stakeholders on safe work practices and proactive security measures.
• Research safety and security needs through leading workshops, discussion groups, conducting surveys, conducting store visits, and leveraging statistical evaluation. Work with SME’s to develop appropriate mitigation strategies.
• Develop, verify and approve all Safety Award Programs. Review metrics with VP Safety and Loss Prevention to ensure desired behaviors are being achieved. Systematically review programs to measure for effectiveness at increase desired behaviors and/or reducing rates of incidents/accidents.
• Review and analyze accident/injury reports and data for trends and future strategy adjustments. Ensure corrective actions are taken.
• Prepares monthly Health and Safety reports
(20%) Data Driven Decision Making
• Work with data and risk teams to evaluate risk management, safety hotline information, industry data sets, and internal data to identify trends. Complete executive reports of findings.
• Provide data to Safety and Loss Prevention leadership for review and evaluation
• Review safety statistics to identify safety concerns and trends, and work with cross-functional team to make improvements, and implement best practices; provide counsel and leadership to address issues and concerns
• Work with other department within the Company (IS, Build the Brand, etc.) to deploy and launch safety initiatives.
(15%) Oversight of Safety Objectives
• Advise VP of Safety and Loss Prevention of key measures and metrics in order to set priorities and objectives for S&LP team with respect to Safety.
• Measure safety data shifts in order to understand the impact of the safety objectives and related programs/initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Training, or Safety related field
- In depth knowledge of effective training methods and developing educational programs designed to enhance knowledge and awareness.
- 5 – 7 years experience in developing and implementing training plans
- Experience in leading the development of safety and/or security related initiatives that reduce both safety incidents and severity
- Excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Strong decision making skills, able to influence, set strategy, and strong managerial courage
- Exceptional analytical skills – including interpreting data
- Proven change agent, ability to create change and drive results
- Excellent leadership skills, strong presence
- Must be willing to be on call, and have the ability to travel by air or car 30% of the time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.