Domino’s, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, re-energized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and over 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
The Analytics & Insights team is critical in driving Domino’s industry-leading growth by pairing strategic thought leadership with the latest analytic techniques in the fields of data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and primary research. The A&I team leverages their skills to drive outstanding consumer and employee experiences to fuel future growth.
We are seeking a Data Journalist who can take complex topics and convey them through thoughtful design and compelling narratives. This position will be responsible for coordinating and leading cross-team efforts to prepare for internal strategic meetings for a highly diversified audience. You should be a presentation wiz, with exceptional data visualization and design skills as well as a strong ability to build and present engaging stories from data, including the use of presentations and infographics. In addition, you will partner and lead advanced analytics projects with Domino’s departments, including Operations, IT, HR, etc. This role may not always be expected to code or to directly produce analytic artifacts; however, you should bring a level of understanding in the application of analytics techniques and visualizations. You will also need outstanding understanding of various business processes and be able to converse fluently with internal business partners on the application of analytic techniques.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(50%) Lead cross-team projects to build a story for internal and investor strategic meetings
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional leadership teams to prioritize initiatives and build an engaging story from complex data that is specific and nuanced for a highly diversified audience
- Mine and synthesize data across a vast array of internal and external sources to address business opportunities and uncover surprising trends
- Develop, interpret, and concisely present appropriate advanced analytical techniques
- Lead intra- and inter-departmental initiatives to transform data into actionable, succinct, and compelling visual stories across platforms
- Determine the needs and possibilities for graphics and statistical visualizations and more in-depth reporting features
- Leverage strong research and writing skills in partnering with internal analytic teams to clean and prepare data for optimal visual conceptualization
(40%) Business Consulting: Analytics & Visualization Services
- Consult with internal departments on analytics & data visualization / storytelling needs
- Prioritize initiatives, build project plans, and manage resources across multiple analytics teams to meet deadlines and partner requirements
- Serve as internal expert in the proper use of information graphics
- Build data visualization needs for long-term projects and stay up to date on the latest tools and techniques in data visualization and storytelling
(10%) Provide ad hoc support to business questions
- Consult with A&I leadership to answer questions posed by the Domino’s Leadership Team
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communication, Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
- 4+ years of professional related work experience
- Strong experience designing and delivering business-oriented presentations
- High proficiency with visualization and design tools
- Familiarity with D3 or other information design programs
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud: Illustrator, Animate and/or After Effects or other design software
- Familiarity with Python, R, or SQL
- Knowledge of basic statistical methods
- Expert in creating engaging and compelling stories from data
The Following are a plus but not required:
- Master's degree in Journalism, Communication, Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud: Illustrator, Animate and/or After Effects or other design software
- Applied experience with advanced analytic, data science, and custom consumer research techniques
- Experience with project management tools
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.