Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores, and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, and at over 17,000 stores worldwide (6,300 in the U.S.) you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work.
You might be thinking, “Wow, how does Domino’s get food to 17,000 stores?” Well, that’s where you come in. We have 22 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, Hawaii and Alaska. They provide fresh dough, equipment and supplies to franchise and company-owned Domino’s stores in the U.S. and Canada. In 2019 alone, these centers made 720,000 deliveries.
Want to get in on the fun? We’d love to have you.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in distribution, warehouse, logistics, retail, or transportation. For level 2, 3 & 4 facilities, some college plus equivalent work experience may be accepted. Preferably in the food, warehouse, manufacturing or retail industry
- 3-5 years of warehouse experience in a warehouse, manufacturing, distribution or retail environment
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Proven ability to develop and lead team members in meeting goals and objectives
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive and results oriented demeanor
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Knowledge of asset management procedures, and information used to optimize inventory levels and/or fill rates
- Solid experience in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work a full-time/flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willingness to support a 24 hour operation, and be on call, including carrying an emergency cell phone as needed
- Proven experience in quality and safety
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and follow-through skills
- Maintain forklift certification
- Availability to travel, as needed
- Must successfully pass a background checks every third year on your anniversary date
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., perform heavy pushing/pulling of product, work in refrigerated conditions <33-38 degrees>, and work in environment with exposure to loud machinery, when necessary
Additional InformationManage and supervise activities of warehouse team members engaged in loading and unloading of trucks, and in moving and storing of materials/products. Assign job tasks according to shipping schedules. Train new team members in job duties to maintain consistency, and accuracy throughout the warehouse. Ensure team members are working safe and following all safety, hygiene, and security guidelines. Comfort level working in a diverse, fast past environment. Follow company guidelines and company operational policies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(40%) Manage Warehouse and Warehouse Sanitation Area
- Establish operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current
- Implement cycle counting and/or annual physical inventories using inventory system reports, inventory software and count sheets in order to ensure inventory accuracy
- Manage team member tasks and responsibilities to receive, store, and load food products and support goods in accordance with established company standards and procedures and within budgeted guidelines and dispatch accuracy goals
- Control departmental cost and prepare budget for Director review
- Compile the warehouse portion of the weekly key indicator summary, and other statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Oversee and identify items that can be recycled
- Maintain safe and positive work environment in compliance with OSHA, company standards, local, state and federal requirements
- Recognize potential problems and respond accordingly
- Inspect warehouse equipment to ensure it is functioning properly and in good condition
- Oversee housekeeping of warehouse and surrounding area
- Ensure department is audit and 5’s ready at all times
- Visit stores to monitor the quality of the product
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain positive relationships with other departments and ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Coach team members that are not meeting their performance goals, and reward team members for good performance, complete performance appraisals on team members
- Facilitate a five minute team member meeting each day to keep the team member informed of safety precautions, performance, policies, etc.
- Recruit, interview, hire and train all new team members in various trainings, including safety, and minimize team member turnover
- Responsible for warehouse safety, and accuracy
- As needed, fills in as warehouse team member and performs tasks necessary to meet warehouse goals (these activities do not exceed 20% of total work time)
- Maintain positive customer relations
- Direct salvage of damaged or used material
- Attend Leadership & Development training sessions
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager and/or Director