Technical Delivery Manager
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
A seasoned scrum master who provides project and solution design leadership by leveraging a technically focused base of previous experiences. This position is responsible for planning, leading, and delivering complex Information Technology projects on time, within budget, and with high quality. The Technical Delivery Manager drives the collaboration with business area(s), IS, and technology vendors to ensure that all project participants are effectively communicating and executing tasks as specified in the project plan. This role does not have direct reports, but does lead a group of cross-function resources to meet clearly defined system objectives.
• Provides thought leadership to deliver creative and efficient technical solution.
• Leads the development of strategic plans for projects of high business complexity.
• Works with architects to design business solutions by applying the right technology. Works with Lead eCommerce Architects to transform requirements in to solutions design.
• Works with cross functional resources to develop and gain approval for high level delivery plans of various sized software development projects based on a set of objectives (scope, delivery and technical approaches, risk, assumptions, staffing plans, other cost, and ongoing operational plans and cost).
• The Technical Delivery manager is responsible for ensuring all steps in Domino’s agile based SDLC are executed, acts as the scrum master for their projects/workstreams and coordinates across many cross functional project resources.
• Oversee client/customer/vendor relations to ensure that service expectations are met or exceeded
• Monitors project metrics for significant deviations in quality, cost, or schedule
• Monitors and reports all project risks and issues; leads mitigation and resolution efforts to limit risks; escalates as needed
• Facilitates scrum and status meetings
• Assists in establishing, enabling, and improving project management and software development methodologies, procedures and policies
• Coaches and mentors individuals on the project teams and provides feedback on performance to their leaders
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, business administration or related field
• Has foundational experience playing a contributing role in full cycle software delivery as a business analyst, developer or quality expert (previous development experience preferred).
• Understands, can participate in and lead solutions design.
• Strong project management, leadership, and organization skills (Scrum certification desired)
• Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Understands the capabilities of key technologies (HTML5, Java, SQL Server) and can quickly assess the applicability of commercial off the shelf technology.
• Candidate must be thorough and detail-oriented
• Able to work on multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
• Must be able to remain calm in pressure situations and adapt quickly to change
• Must have the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
• 3 – 5 years leading the project delivery of complex enterprise application systems, distributed applications, web applications, and system integration solutions
3 – 5 years project leadership in a deadline driven environment
• 3 – 5 years using SDLC multiple development methodologies such as Agile, RUP, Waterfall, etc.
• 2 – 3 years working with technology vendors
• System and/or Business Analysis experience preferred
• Application development experience preferred
• eCommerce experience preferred
• Process improvement experience preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.