D&S Shift Leader
Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores, and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, and at over 17,000 stores worldwide (6,300 in the U.S.) you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work.
You might be thinking, “Wow, how does Domino’s get food to 17,000 stores?” Well, that’s where you come in. We have 22 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, Hawaii and Alaska. They provide fresh dough, equipment and supplies to franchise and company-owned Domino’s stores in the U.S. and Canada. In 2019 alone, these centers made 720,000 deliveries.
Want to get in on the fun? We’d love to have you.
Assist the Delivery and Service Team Leader and Associates with the coordination of the daily fleet and maintenance repairs – including, but not limited to, preventative maintenance, breakdown issues, and dispatches. Support drivers with the maintenance of all company fleet assets to include regular audits, evaluation of fleet, equipment and parts.
· High school diploma or GED
· Valid Class A CDL and ability to move/drive fleet equipment
· Working knowledge of DOT and hours of service
· Proven experience of managing CDL Class A drivers
· Previous customer service experience
· Mechanical repair knowledge required
· Ability to read maps and coordinate routes
· Demonstrates effective communication skills with various levels of management
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and ability to learn other technology/software programs
· Ability to work in extreme temperatures, both indoors and outdoors
· Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, and lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and 100 lbs. on occasion
· Must be available to work during a shift, which may be scheduled anytime during a 24-hour day, over any 7-day period, and be on call with short notice if needed
· Availability to work on holidays if necessary
ONE BRAND. ONE SYSTEM. ONE TEAM.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist TLs with daily routing, participate in routing analysis, and ensure maximize delivery efficiencies, and driver safety through proper load spreading in load creation
- Assist with building daily outbound packages including keys
- Works with operations to establish program for fleet use and availability
- Assist customers/franchisees with service or delivery -issues
- Assist TL with getting equipment back up and running in the safest and most cost-effective manner available
- Assist TL with diagnosis and coordination of fleet maintenance repairs - between service vendor and on-site technician
- Complete or assign backhauls and re-deliveries as needed
- Run the yard or routes as business dictates
- Onboard and train new team members in job duties, policies, and practices
- Execute road tests for driver candidates when needed
- Assist TLs with monitoring DVCR books as equipment moves in and out during the week
- Assist TLs with monitoring driver logs for compliance
- Assist in monitoring mis-deliveries, and make recommendations to TL on avoidance strategies
- Review PAR and People Net records for issues and compliance
- Maintain a safe and positive work environment in compliance with OSHA, company standards, and local, state, and federal requirements
- Wear and follow Domino’s uniform standards
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership to support the efficient operations of the center