Enterprise Cloud Data Architect
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
As a Cloud Data Solutions Architect focused on Data & Analytics, your primary responsibility will be to ensure building a scalable, secure and efficient data platform / lakehouse with Azure / Databricks. The role is a senior level technical role that will be accountable for the end-to-end cloud data management solution. The ideal candidate will have experience in large scale modern data warehouse development and had success leading cross-team technical discussions that drive key decisions and implementation. The cloud data solutions architect would partner with Digital/AI/ML Architects and teams to define data activation frameworks.
- Work with clients to understand their business needs and develop technical requirements for cloud-based data solutions.
- Design and implement logical and physical data models that are appropriate for the chosen cloud and/or hybrid data warehouse environment.
- Implement data architectures to support a variety of data formats and structures including structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Participate in the definition of future data management architecture, with alignment to value creation opportunities across the business.
- Conduct complex technology and system assessments for architecture solutions
- Communicate the companywide Architecture strategy and direction to both management and systems related teams
- Stay current with new and emerging technologies and make recommendations on their adoption.
- Understand compliance and risk management requirements for supported areas
- Ensure applications adhere to established Dominos standards, policies, methodologies, and industry best practices.
- Partner with architects across Data Science and Digital organizations to create data activation frameworks supporting realtime (or near realtime) needs.
- Experience with multiple full life-cycle data warehouse / transformation implementations in public cloud
- Deep technical knowledge of 1 public cloud services
- 3-5 years of experience in architecting data and AI solutions on public cloud
- Deep understanding of data architectures that utilize Data Lakehouse / Data Mesh
- Demonstrated ability to quickly research, learn, adopt, and apply new technologies
- Proven experience with creating efficient (Cost/Performance) architectures that conform to functional/SLA needs
- Strong SQL and database skills working with large structured and unstructured data
- Strong familiarity with enterprise reporting solutions (PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau), data virtualization and semantic modeling
- Expertise with solution development using No-SQL data platforms
- System development lifecycle (SDLC), Agile Development, DevSecOps, and common software development tools such as Git and Jira
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to convey key choices, recommendations, and technology concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) technologies such as Azure Resource Manager (ARM) or Terraform
- Familiarity with Docker, and docker orchestration like Docker Compose or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with AI/MLOps concepts
Hybrid (at Dominos Headquarters, Ann Arbor)