Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores, and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, and at over 17,000 stores worldwide (6,300 in the U.S.) you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work.
You might be thinking, “Wow, how does Domino’s get food to 17,000 stores?” Well, that’s where you come in. We have 25 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, Hawaii and Alaska. They provide fresh dough, equipment and supplies to franchise and company-owned Domino’s stores in the U.S. and Canada.
Want to join in on the fun? We'd love to have you!
The Warehouse Team Member performs the loading and unloading of delivery trucks and moves and stores materials/products. Assists the Production Department as needed. Ensure team members are working safe.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(20%) Receives incoming product shipments and compares vendor inventory sheet or distribution purchase order to product received for accuracy and inventory control with the use of a handheld scanner
· Updates inventory through data entry of product information
· Stamps product casing with delivery receipt date
· Alerts Warehouse Team Leader to any discrepancies in product amounts received
(20%) Using safe work procedures, opens bales, crates and other containers to unload product
· Using safe work procedures, moves product from staging area to truck using warehouse equipment such as forklift, pallet jack or two-wheeled cart
· Uses "First In, First Out" (FIFO) procedure to ensure proper rotation of existing stock
(20%) Removes trays and returns product from truck
· Updates inventory to reflect received product and sorts and stores usable product
· Thoroughly cleans cargo area of truck to ensure sanitary storage area for product during transport
· Pre-cools cargo area of truck to company specifications prior to loading product
(20%) Complete load Verification with handheld scanner and verifies accuracy of assembled loads
· Updates inventory through the use of handheld scanner of products to be shipped
· Stages each customer order with the use of handheld scanner in preparation of loading onto delivery truck
· Assists drivers where needed with pre-departure checks
(20%) Loads truck according to company specifications for maximum delivery accuracy
· Secures load within cargo area of truck through the use of load bars or straps
· Maintains safe work area through general housekeeping and performs sanitation functions as required
What to expect from Domino's:
- Competitive starting wages
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Health, Dental and Vision-Starting day 1 of employment
- Company paid short term disability coverage
- Company paid Life Insurance
- 401k with company match after 6 full months of employment
- Professional and supportive management
- 15% Discounted share purchases
- 1 year previous experience in warehouse, manufacturing or production environment
- High School diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills for order processing and inventory control
- Company certification to operate warehouse equipment such as forklift or pallet jack
- Ability to stand, climb and walk on a continual basis throughout shift. Ability to lift from floor to above the head, 50 lbs. frequently, and 75 lbs. occasionally, throughout work shift
- Must be available to work during a shift which may be scheduled anytime during a 24 hour day, over any 7 day period
- Ability to work in warehouse environment with constant exposure to loud machinery
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures, both indoors and outdoors
We would like to acknowledge your hard work, and to ask for your commitment to stay with us by providing you with a $1,000.00 Join and Stay Bonus.
Bonus payment details: After 60 days of service, you’ll receive $500.00 in your paycheck. After 6 months of service you will receive an additional $500.00 issued in your paycheck.