Cloud Operations Engineer
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
The Cloud Operations – Service Delivery (SD) resource is responsible for the overall operational uptime of Domino’s environments within Azure. This position requires a wide base of knowledge from basic Cloud administration through capacity planning and middleware. As part of Service Delivery, fulfilling an operational role, these individuals will be responsible for implementation of configuration changes, execution of upgrades and traditional on-call tasks – taking direction from the application and Hybrid Cloud Engineer organizational teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- On-call and major incident management to ensure return to stability as quickly as possible
- Perform regular build image updates for remediation of identified security vulnerabilities
- Participate in regular security analysis and operating system hardening requirement discussions
- Ensure platform consistency is achieved between each stack and environment, prior to each release cycle
- Ensure base server platforms and services are within one version of current where possible
- Perform benchmarking to assess impact of application upgrades, tuning, or meet business requirements
- Provide capacity planning and trending analysis with regards to system and service performance over time
- Ensure a standard platform is available, current, and extensible for all in-scope environments
- Ensure provisioning practices and documentation are current and maintained
- Identify opportunities in automation, participate in related activities, and manage content in revision control
- Participate as L2 in a well-defined L1-L3 support model, responding to alerts and proactively managing issues
- Manage implementation of configuration management for both server platform and service configurations
- Actively coordinate change management with engineers and development
- Participate in release management for release and deployment of cloud infrastructure and services
- Review tools/technologies and methodologies, providing solutions based on best practice and innovation
- Enable DevOps solutions development and deployment strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Prefer certifications in Azure – AZ-900 (Foundations) AZ-104 (Management Associate) or relevant AWS/GCP
- Extensive knowledge of Azure cloud services or equivalent: storage, resource management, VM, Blob, service bus and availability / scalability, CI/CD build and deploy, SDLC
- Extensive knowledge of Azure IaaS/PaaS or equivalent: virtual networks, machines, resource groups, express route, traffic manager, VPN, load balancing, application gateways and auto-scaling
- Extensive UNIX administration experience including diagnosis of performance issues, package management, load estimation, kernel tuning, networking configuration, etc.
- Extensive hosting experience in a large heavy-traffic cloud-based environment
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytic skills, advanced knowledge in scripting and automation methodologies
- Extensive knowledge in platform management with VMWare and Kubernetes, including container strategies
- Ability to manage content in git repositories, strong IAC methodologies
- Prefer experience with middleware tools such as ActiveMQ, NGINX
- Ability to create systematic and manual operations procedures in both technical and user-friendly language.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.