MAKE GREAT PIZZA — AND MORE — POSSIBLE
Be a part of the world's #1 Pizza company and watch your career grow!
The Maintenance Technician for the Domino’s Pizza Supply Chain Center will repair and install Bakery equipment in a distribution manufacturing facility.
They will use their technical skills to design, evaluate, troubleshoot, PLC interface for diagnostics, perform preventative maintenance and troubleshoot on JLS delta-style robotics.
The Maintenance Technician will use their skills in Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Hydraulics, Pneumatics and Computer Controls to perform this role. In addition, the Maintenance Technician will work safely on mechanical and electrical equipment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(60%) Inspect, test, troubleshoot, repair, and install machinery and equipment
- Monitor equipment to detect malfunctions
- Discuss machine operation variations with a supervisor or other team members to diagnose problems and repair machines
- Install, repair, or replace electrical devices such as transformers, relays, circuit breakers, starters, and safety and limit switches
- Layout, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Install, program and troubleshoot automated machinery and Programmable Logic Controllers
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair refrigeration and Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment
- Service and repair material handling equipment
- Monitor main electrical panel and troubleshoot as necessary
- Repair and maintain boilers, water heaters, water conditioning equipment, and all water distribution systems
- Follow established preventative maintenance guidelines
- Perform all necessary maintenance and update logs as necessary
- Report major problems to the supervisor
(10%) Maintain building through painting, repairing minor structural problems, and other repairs as necessary
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment
- General maintenance repairs of office and building
(20%) Ensure proper adherence to all safety and government guidelines
- Identify safety issues with machines; document issues; develop an action plan to resolve concerns; follow up to ensure problems are resolved
- Monitor machines to ensure all levels are within EPA, OSHA, and other government guidelines; develop an action plan to resolve issues if not; follow up to ensure problems are resolved
(10%) Miscellaneous duties
- Assist in the control and scheduling of projects
- Monitor inventory and order parts as necessary
- Monitor energy usage and provide recommendations on better usage
- HS Diploma, and/or Technical School Training two years, and/or 5 plus years related experience in distribution or manufacturing environment, and/or licensed journeyman of a skilled trade
- Advanced knowledge of hydraulics, PLC logic, plumbing, general contracting, welding, HVAC/refrigeration, etc. preferred
- Advanced Windows-based computer systems and spreadsheets
- Read and interpret blueprints, mechanical and electrical schematic diagrams
- Solid communication skills verbal and written
- Identify problems and draw conclusions
- Working knowledge of 5s and Six Sigma
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and manual/electrical pallet jack
- Work well under pressure with minimal supervision
Certificates, Licenses, Regulations
Certificates, Licenses, Regulations (Preferred)
- EPA REFRIGERATION CERTIFICATION (Type II or Universal) Federal requirement – Team Leader or Maintenance Tech Servicing or Handling Refrigeration equipment
- Hazardous Materials Certification (Minnesota only)
- Previous education from accredited school, vocational/technical, or other educational program a plus, but not required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proactive and self-motivated, have the ability to evaluate and repair all types of mechanical and electrical equipment, and is able to perform under extreme stress when there is equipment failure. Core Competencies should include:
- Refrigeration - Operate refrigeration system equipment (e.g. compressors, fan units, etc.). Ability to diagnose refrigeration and electrical problems using technical drawings (e.g., blueprints, electronic/mechanical schematics) and diagnostic tools (e.g. multi-meter, laptop)
- Electrical Systems - Must be able to demonstrate electrical knowledge of 24v ac/dc control circuits, 120v power & control circuits.
- Controls and 277v-480v power circuits. Must be able to wire-up and successfully operate a 3-phase motor. Previous knowledge and understanding of how to cycle a switch gear after a power failure. Can demonstrate use of digital multimeter & functions.
- Mechanical Systems – Experience with conveyor mechanical systems (belts, drives, tracking valves), motor starters and control cabinet for automated and robotics systems. Through understanding of installation and troubleshooting of drives and understanding of their parameter setup and horsepower ranges
- Controls Systems - Understand Proper installation of PLC, and Control Cabinet Components, Motor Controls, variable frequency drives (VFD), power supply’s, transformers, ethernet switches, relays, overloads, etc.
- Basic Maintenance skills
- HS Diploma, and/or Technical School Training two years, and/or 3 to 4 years related experience, and/or licensed journeyman of a skilled trade.
- At least 36 months of previous facility maintenance experience
- Basic level computer skills for word processing and spreadsheets
- Read and interpret blueprints, mechanical and electrical schematic diagrams. Ability to read, understand & interpret electrical, pneumatic, & plumbing schematics
- Effectively present information to peers, upper management, and team members in oral and written form
- Define problems and draw conclusions
- Interpret technical instructions and diagram
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The team member is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock, explosion, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be high.
- The team member must have a strong safety awareness to ensure a safe and healthy workplace.
- Competitive wages
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Positive work environment
- Benefits on first day of employment!
- 401k matching contributions
- 15% off the purchase price of stock
- Company bonus
- Referral bonuses