Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 80% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
The International Regional Vice President (RVP) – Europe/DPG, is a strategic leader in Domino’s global system that is responsible for the business performance and relationships with the Master Franchisees in the Europe/DPG Region (UK, Portugal, Israel, Poland, Central Europe, France, Netherlands, Poland). This position is accountable for delivering Domino’s annual budget targets for store openings and same-store sales growth for this region. Additionally, they are responsible for ensuring their Master Franchisees are compliant with their Master Franchise Agreement (MFA) and are sufficiently capitalized to run successful operations and deliver sustainable, profitable, growth. To accomplish these objectives, the RVP must closely coordinate with all Centers of Excellence (COE) to effectively manage and influence our Master Franchisee partners.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
(30%) Deliver Domino’s annual budget targets:
- Accountable for delivering Domino’s annual budget targets for store openings and same-store sales growth for the Europe/DPG Region.
- Control expenses to budgeted levels.
- Ensure receivables are kept current.
- Partner with the COEs to develop tailored annual operating plans that deliver the appropriate level of support and impact to the Master Franchisee or markets based on the segmentation model (Focus, Consult, Protect).
- Effectively influence Master Franchisees’ or markets’ annual and strategic plans to drive sustainable, profitable, growth.
- Conduct regular business reviews with all markets, leveraging the business assessment tool to identify opportunities.
- Share Domino’s best practices across all key disciplines.
(20%) Lead Domino’s overall relationship with all Master Franchisees in the Europe/DPG Region:
- Ensure there is a strong working relationship between Domino’s and their Master Franchisees, by making sure there is comprehensive information sharing and that key constituents are consistently engaging with our Business Consultants or COEs.
- Coordinate all communications and engagements from DPZ and the COEs to the Master Franchisees.
- Ensure Master Franchisee or market leadership is clear on Domino’s annual and 2030 objectives, including key global initiatives (e.g., voice of the customer).
(20%) Ensure compliance with the Master Franchise Agreement and protect the brand:
- Embrace our franchisor role ensuring all assigned markets and Master Franchisees are in full compliance with our MFA. Put plans in place to address any gaps in compliance.
- Ensure all changes to standards, variances and policies are communicated in a timely manner to Master Franchisees.
- Closely partner with the Food Safety Team to ensure the Master Franchisees have the capabilities and protocols to appropriately protect customers and the Domino’s brand.
- Confirm that the Master Franchisees’ capital structure, balance sheet and store-level economics are sufficient to deliver long-term, sustainable, growth. If deficiencies are identified in one of these areas, partner with the Master Franchisees to develop the appropriate action plans.
- Champion new global foundational capabilities (e.g., Cutting Edge Project) to help our Master Franchisees operate more effectively.
(20%) Lead regional strategic planning process and oversee regional implementation of company strategic initiatives:
- Spearhead the optimization of our portfolio of Master Franchisees in the Europe/DPG Region to maximize our long-term store and sales growth potential for every market.
- Assess opportunities for expansion into new markets or accelerated growth in existing markets.
- Parter with the COEs and Master Franchisees to identify global and regional opportunities that leverage the scale of our system to drive efficiencies.
(10%) Lead, coach, and develop a high-performing team:
- Recruit a strong team that fits with Domino’s culture and possess the skills to effectively partner with Master Franchisees and COEs.
- Promote our company values, leading by example, and encouraging their team to live these values every day.
- Lead, coach and motivate their team to create an open inclusive environment where all team members can bring their ideas and whole self to work.
- Foster a highly collaborative culture that facilitates a strong partnership with both Master Franchisees and COEs.
- Provide constructive feedback on a regular basis and create detailed action plans during the semi-annual performance appraisal process to develop team members’ leadership and functional competencies.
- Partner with the EVP and HR to create career development plans for all team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred.
- Ability to travel internationally 50% of the time.
- 15+ years of operations and/or marketing experience in food service or other retail in Europe or for a Global brand. Experience in a franchised system is a bonus.
- Possesses a robust and broad general management skillset, with an emphasis on retail operations and financial acumen.
- An advanced consultative skillset that leverages strong problem solving and analytical competencies to effectively persuade senior leaders to act.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a proven track record of communicating effectively with C-suite level executives.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and grow influential and collaborative relationships with both external and internal partners.
- Experienced in leading high-performance teams in a matrixed organization.
- This role is based out of our office in Amsterdam. Relocation will be required for candidates that are not local to that area.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Evert van de Beekstraat 1
The Base A, 4th floor
1118 CL Schiphol